Find
Notify
Tools

Savage 12 ABT Tiger Shark?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Col K
posted
I just saw a Savage 12 ABT Tiger Shark in .308 while shopping for a new target/varmint rifle. While my taste in rifles favors the concervative side, this thing caught my eye. My first concern is that "bells and whistles" usually disguise ho-hum performance, but I don't think this would be a problem. My next concern was that I can find virtually no information and/or reviews on this rifle. Does anyone out there have any experience with the "Tiger Shark?" Is it pillar bedded? Does it shoot as well as other 12 series rifles. I've got a lonley IOR tactical scope that I'm looking to put a rifle under and I think this may be it.

Posts: 350 | Location: GA by way of PA, OH, KY, TX, VA, and NC | Registered: 10 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have seven Savage Model 12s in the BVSS and the VLP configuration. They all shoot right around a half inch or better. To my knowledge all there rifles are pillar bedded including this one. I would assume that this rifle would be no ddifferent than all the other model 12s out there in that it will shoot well despite all the cut-outs. Personaly, along with their new camouflage gun I can now think of two Savages that I wouldn't want. That is a matter of taste. If you like it then you probaly won't be dissappointed by its performance. Personally I think you would be better off with their VLP or even a BVSS.

"Get yourself a Glock and get ridof that nickle plated sissy pistol."

Posts: 28 | Location: Maine | Registered: 10 January 2008Reply With Quote