New
Find
Notify
Tools

22 Hornet and a Dillon 550
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My problem is that I can not prime the 22 hornet as when I try the case moves , it will not stay locked in its proper position in the shell plate. The small caliburs are a problem to reload on the Dillon.
Thank you .
Bill

one of us
posted Hide Post
Have had many problems in my life, but this is not one of them.

Load lots of Hornets on Dillon 550. Use WW small pistol primers. That's right, pistol primers. Accuracy improves dramatically over rifle primers. And have not experienced any loading problems. No case or shooting problems.

For the what it's worth department, a Hornet holds at best 13 grains of powder, similar to a 357 pistol. Whereas today's small rifle primer is used most frequently in 223 Rem burning double the powder charge.

Hammer

Posts: 1003 | Registered: 01 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill r:
My problem is that I can not prime the 22 hornet as when I try the case moves , it will not stay locked in its proper position in the shell plate. The small caliburs are a problem to reload on the Dillon.
Thank you .
Bill
you need to adjust the shell plate ,I load 38 spec,357,41 mag,454 casull ,sw460,243,30-06,300wm w/o problems on my RL550B

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had no problem seating primers in the Hornet case on my 550. As a previous poster said, check the adjustment on your shell plate. Also make sure you have the correct shell plate.

Joe A.

Posts: 150 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 06 January 2006Reply With Quote