Find
Notify
Tools

Rock Creek Barrels?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Crimson Mister
posted
Tomorrow after work I'm going to have a look at a rifle someone has for sale. It is a 700 BDL chassis with a HS Precision stock, lapped bolt with a Sako extractor, Timney trigger, Leopold rings and mount, Simmons scope and a Rock Creek stainless inverted barrel in 243. I'm not familiar with Rock Creek or inverted barrels and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this setup. The guy said the inverted barrel was to reduce bullet harmonics? I did look up Rock Creek and they are made here in WI but that's about it.

'preciate it.
Rich

Some people are a lot like Slinkies: They're not good for much but it's kind of fun to push them down a flight of stairs.

Posts: 772 | Location: Norwalk, Wisconsin | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just what is an inverted barrel? I know you say you are not familiar with it but thought you may know what it is. A gentleman at a club I belong to in Mass. chambered both ends of a barrel and it shot fairly well, just unscrew it flip it around and screw it back on, two different ctgs. I have never had a Rock Creek barrel but have heard a lot of good about them. I was born and brought up in Mass. and had a bumper sticker on one car that stated that "MY GUNS HAVE KILLED LESS PEOPLE THAN TED KENNEDYS CAR" got a lot of thumbs up on it.

Bob

Posts: 529 | Location: Harrison, Maine - Pensacola, Fl. | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sure on the inverted barrel thing, but I guess it tapers down from the receiver then gets wider on the last few inches of the barrel. I guess I'll know more in a couple of hours. I've gotten a lot of good feedback on the Rock Creek barrels, so I'll have a picture of it to post when I get it home if we can work a deal. clap
BTW, we refer to him as the senior fat, bloated, drunken liberal senator from homer Massachussets up here.

Some people are a lot like Slinkies: They're not good for much but it's kind of fun to push them down a flight of stairs.

Posts: 772 | Location: Norwalk, Wisconsin | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excuse me, Massachusetts

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The inverted as he refered to it bulged out at the muzzle. Didn't buy the gun though. To me a man that doesn't clean his weapon is in the same class as a wife beater. After looking down the barrel I asked, "How long since you've cleaned it?"
He replies, "I dunno, been in the closet for maybe 2 1/2 YEARS. Eeker
I said, "Have a nice day." wave