The Accurate Reloading Forums
Rock Creek Barrels?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5611043/m/332103144

08 March 2006, 13:48
Crimson Mister
Rock Creek Barrels?
Tomorrow after work I'm going to have a look at a rifle someone has for sale. It is a 700 BDL chassis with a HS Precision stock, lapped bolt with a Sako extractor, Timney trigger, Leopold rings and mount, Simmons scope and a Rock Creek stainless inverted barrel in 243. I'm not familiar with Rock Creek or inverted barrels and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this setup. The guy said the inverted barrel was to reduce bullet harmonics? I did look up Rock Creek and they are made here in WI but that's about it.

'preciate it.
Rich

Some people are a lot like Slinkies: They're not good for much but it's kind of fun to push them down a flight of stairs.
08 March 2006, 20:03
b beyer
Just what is an inverted barrel? I know you say you are not familiar with it but thought you may know what it is. A gentleman at a club I belong to in Mass. chambered both ends of a barrel and it shot fairly well, just unscrew it flip it around and screw it back on, two different ctgs. I have never had a Rock Creek barrel but have heard a lot of good about them. I was born and brought up in Mass. and had a bumper sticker on one car that stated that "MY GUNS HAVE KILLED LESS PEOPLE THAN TED KENNEDYS CAR" got a lot of thumbs up on it.

Bob
08 March 2006, 23:13
Crimson Mister
Not sure on the inverted barrel thing, but I guess it tapers down from the receiver then gets wider on the last few inches of the barrel. I guess I'll know more in a couple of hours. I've gotten a lot of good feedback on the Rock Creek barrels, so I'll have a picture of it to post when I get it home if we can work a deal. clap
BTW, we refer to him as the senior fat, bloated, drunken liberal senator from homer Massachussets up here.

Some people are a lot like Slinkies: They're not good for much but it's kind of fun to push them down a flight of stairs.
08 March 2006, 23:18
Crimson Mister
Excuse me, Massachusetts

09 March 2006, 20:38
Crimson Mister
The inverted as he refered to it bulged out at the muzzle. Didn't buy the gun though. To me a man that doesn't clean his weapon is in the same class as a wife beater. After looking down the barrel I asked, "How long since you've cleaned it?"
He replies, "I dunno, been in the closet for maybe 2 1/2 YEARS. Eeker
I said, "Have a nice day." wave