THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BENCHREST AND TARGET SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Benchrest & Target Shooting    Getting a 204 AR instead of a 223 AR- hear from old timers

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Getting a 204 AR instead of a 223 AR- hear from old timers
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
From you old shooters need your input . I load both , I see very little diference in the two a few grain of powder or bullet they are very close . Whats your opinion.
I have a boat load of Army 223 brass and I am tiered of messing with it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess I have a few questions...

If you see very little difference, why did you go with the 204 over the 223?

What do you mean by you're "tired of messing with it", in regards to the 223 brass?

If you see little difference, what made you go with the more expensive (whether you reload or not) 204, when there is so much 223 available? You can get "blasting ammo" on up through match grade and long range range ammo already loaded.

I'm not sure of your point here. Confused

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cold Bore
THe primer when its applied to the shell if I don't get it bedded tight enough it will not go off .