THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BENCHREST AND TARGET SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Benchrest & Target Shooting    Info needed about benchrest bottle cap shooting

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Info needed about benchrest bottle cap shooting
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm looking for info, where to buy the caps, how to center mark the bull on them, where to get the measuring/scoring device, and how to conduct the match. If you are someone who has competed, perhaps in Pennsylvania in the towns southwest of Pittsburg, your help would be much appreciated. In my part of Ohio bottle cap shooting isn't done. I'd like to learn more and possibly introduce it to my gun club. It would be fun and surely would be a novel fund raiser.

Defend the 2A - if you can't fight for your rights you don't have any!

Posts: 66 | Location: Southwestern Ohio | Registered: 04 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 698 | Location: South Pacific NW | Registered: 09 January 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
rcraig - Thanks for the info, but the bottle caps need to be noncorrugated heavy card stock with a tiny bull/aiming point stamped in the exact center. Shooter #1 fires one shot only on a cap. Next up is #2 who shoots his cap. Working down the line of about 12-15 shooters. This is repeated until each shooter fires on about 8-10 caps. This method means that each subsequent shot is from a cold bore. Each of the "caps" (so named b/c they look like old time glass milk bottle caps) is then scored with a runout dial gizmo to see how far off dead center each shot is. Each shooters total is averaged to get his final score. Really sounds like fun and a heck of a challenge.

Defend the 2A - if you can't fight for your rights you don't have any!

Posts: 66 | Location: Southwestern Ohio | Registered: 04 December 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://bulletin.accurateshoot...om/tag/free-targets/

You can design your own target sheets and include your club's logo with this software. I don't see the need to have individual caps, but if you need a rigid backer the sheets could be glued to cardboard stock. I saw a neat one that had a 20 shot string with decreasing diameter bullseyes. That would make a great contest.

Posts: 3672 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote