New
Find
Notify
Tools

Price check remington 40X
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a 40X with benchrest stock with weighted butt stock. It has a 223rem AI target barrel stainless,about 700 down the tube. I also have 2 more barrels stainless, one in 6mmppc and the other in 22ppc. Also Bald eagle shooting rest. What are these things going for. Thanks Del

Posts: 3700 | Location: MI | Registered: 12 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Remington offered/offers the 40X in many configurations. XB, XC; single shot, repeater; wood stocked, kevlar stocked.....
An unmolested 40XBBR KS in 95% condition is listed in the Blue Book at $1800.00
It sounds like you have a gun smith custom rifle.
Much more difficult to place a value estimate on one of these.
Typically less (sometimes a lot less) than the sum of the parts used to assemble the rifle.
But a highly respected well known gun smith can add a premium.
Bob White at Shooter's Corner would be a good resource.
http://www.benchrest.com/shooterscorner/
Good luck !

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It probably wouldn't meet BR rules for sporter, LV, or HV if over 13.5lbs. I would expect in top shape $700+. A good used Bald Eagle rest should be $250.
Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any idea what the barrels would be worth. Thanks Del

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most used BR barrels go for $75. if they are 24" or longer. As they are they will fit Remington only and a Remington bolt will not pull a PPC case without mods. If somebody bought them for other rifles, they would have to cut the tenon off at least and rechamber. You would have the same labor rechambering a used barrel as a new one.
Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used a Rem 700 with a .473 BF, for 2 years with no BF mods to pull PPC cases. Never had a failure.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of sonofagun
posted Hide Post
.223 is a .378 base and PPC .443 as I recall - what kind of bolt face does it have and it IS a short action 40x right?

Bob Shaffer

Posts: 1946 | Location: Michigun | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All 40X actions were and are, short actions.

one of us
Picture of BigB
posted Hide Post
DocEd,

What about the 40X rifles Remington offers in 300 win mag or ultra mag. Those cannot be short actions?

Just curious.

BigB

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the XC's were long actions. I had one in 30-338, a Remington idea I think. They thought the 300WM neck was too short.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 300 WM in a 40X, that I have had for 15 years. It is a SA. It will not eject a loaded round. You must pull the bolt. I would think that a LA 40X would be a collector's item.

one of us
Picture of BigB
posted Hide Post
DocEd,

Thanks, that explains it.

BigB

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am going tobe selling the 40x in 223ai.Let me no if you are interested in pics I will send them out to you. Thanks Del

one of us
posted Hide Post
Del,

If the Bald Eagle is windage adjustable, I am interested at $250.

A W

"I will not go quietly, I will not lie down!"

Don Henley

Posts: 192 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: 06 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The bald eagle is sold Thanks Del