THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BENCHREST AND TARGET SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Benchrest & Target Shooting    Used benchrest Rifles - Is this guyz place in NJ worth a visit?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Used benchrest Rifles - Is this guyz place in NJ worth a visit?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi all,
Saw this site on the web and was wondering if anyone had visited this benchrest rifle resale outlet in person.....????

looks like they have some really nice 6MM br rifles

http://benchrest.com/shooterscorner/

Posts: 155 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 13 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used to live in Landing NJ, but that was before my interest in BR! Bob is a pretty big player in the BR business, however, my personal experience (FWIW) is that he buys low and sells high!You might be better off just looking at GunBroker/GunsAmerica/GunsInternational.
Peter.
Modified - You could also go to Benchrest.com which has a classified section.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Site not currently updated as well as it could, every time I called, item was sold or was told price had changed......r in s.

Posts: 866 | Location: Puget Sound country | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think Bob White is a very honest person. What's wrong with buying low and selling high? I would like to be able to do that. He has been around the benchrest scene for many years and a past President of the International Benchrest Shooters Assn. His reputation is good with the shooters. He has such an overwhelming inventory that I could see how it would be hard to manage. He has some nice hunting rifles also.
Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What's wrong with buying low and selling high?

Butch, nothing wrong at all unless you want to trade in a rifle that you own on another that Bob owns. I said "in my personal experience". I also said "FWIW". Why are you trying to provoke an argument? I was not insulting Bob (I don't think, anyway) just providing some guidance to rje. Do you disagree with looking for BR rifles on GunBroker? Do you disagree with looking in the Classified section of Benchrest.com?
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of pointblank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
quote:
What's wrong with buying low and selling high?

Butch, nothing wrong at all unless you want to trade in a rifle that you own on another that Bob owns. I said "in my personal experience". I also said "FWIW". Why are you trying to provoke an argument? I was not insulting Bob (I don't think, anyway) just providing some guidance to rje. Do you disagree with looking for BR rifles on GunBroker? Do you disagree with looking in the Classified section of Benchrest.com?
Peter.

I don't see where Butch was trying to provoke and argument at all. He was just stating his opinion just like you did. As for GB, I for one don't think its the best place to look for BR rifles, the BR central classifieds is far better. As for Bob, his list certainly isn't updated often...you can see that by the date posted on it. He does keep a large inventory of rifles in stock and would be worth a day trip to see his shop. RJE, where in MD are you located? There will be a benchrest match this Sunday in Thurmont, come and check it out.

Posts: 2073 | Registered: 28 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Peter,
You must be easily provoked if somebody states an opinion and it bothers you. In my personal experience Bob is an OK guy. He tried to buy one of my rifles one time. I was asking top dollar and he just wouldn't meet my price. Didn't make me mad. He wasn't rude or try to disparage my rifle.
I build my own, but do shop some of the auction sites from time to time. Not much ever shows up on GB or GA. Benchrest Central or 6mmbr.com would be another place for a person to shop.
Sorry if I offended you as that was not my intent.
Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses.
Sounds like it might be worth a trip to NJ to see for myself. I will try to get up there within the month and report back on what i find.

thanks again

Posts: 155 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 13 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Butch, my apologies to you!
rje there is a shop called Pierkonen or something like that that seems to post BR rifles for sale on GunBroker. They may specialize in them (among other types).
Peter.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shooters Corner is one of if not the best retail outlet for someone wanting to get in the game. If you worry about pricing, benchrest is probably not what you are looking for. They are like top fuel dragsters. Incremental improvements come hard and are usually expensive.

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now,
I just happen to have a very nice BR rifle. It is a beautiful walnut and carbon fiber laminated HV rifle. It has a Bat DS receiver. It is right bolt, left loading port, and right ejection port. It has a Jewell 1 1/2oz. trigger. It has 2 Shilen barrels and a tuner on one. $2000 shipped to your FFL.
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And I have a Farley "Black Widow" RBRPRE, Jewell 1.5Oz., Terry Leonard redwood/carbon fiber LV stock, 2 Krieger LV barrels,1 has a tuner, 6PPC .263 Nk.,bolt face and extractor will also work on BR cases, Farley rings. $2200.00

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You would have a hard time finding a better deal these two.
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow!
I agree-great price Butch and DocEd .

You do know how to make a point.

Glenn

Posts: 200 | Location: Calgary- Alberta- Canada | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine is long gone.
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine is still here!!!!!!!

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
And I have a Farley "Black Widow" RBRPRE, Jewell 1.5Oz., Terry Leonard redwood/carbon fiber LV stock, 2 Krieger LV barrels,1 has a tuner, 6PPC .263 Nk.,bolt face and extractor will also work on BR cases, Farley rings. $2200.00

Too bad for me I'm left-handed. The stockwork alone on my rod was over $1700...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote