Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 40 X
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Uglystick
posted
A friend of mine is looking at a used Remington 40X. It is a bolt action 22lr. What are these things worth??

Thanks

Posts: 173 | Location: Jackman MAINE USA | Registered: 29 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
around here they go about $700 to $900 hard to find..

Posts: 43 | Location: Hornell N.Y. | Registered: 01 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of glockmeister71
posted Hide Post
Do a search for "40X" on www.gunsamerica.com and www.gunbroker.com and see what you find.

Posts: 145 | Location: Knoxville,TN. | Registered: 12 April 2006Reply With Quote
<xs headspace>
posted
Yeah,7-900, if in good shape. Benchrest guys use them to make one hole tackdrivers at 50 yds with aftermarket barrels and stocks.

One of Us
Picture of brad541thb
posted Hide Post
It just depends on the condition of the gun. A great condition say 97% or better 40x that was customer bought and not a US Property marked gun will probably run you well over a $1000-$1200. They are just hard to find in this type condition. A new in box gun can cost upwards of $1400 if someone wants it.

Gun book price guides don't mean didly when it comes to true reality of what these type guns are worth.

The old 40X sporter repeaters are super expensive. Very hard to find one in super condition, and when you do, be prepared to pay some bucks.

Brad

Posts: 60 | Location: MO | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Uglystick
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, It was an eye opening experience for my buddy. He was about to sell one for $225. I had a feeling that it was worth more. I had no idea how much more.

Posts: 173 | Location: Jackman MAINE USA | Registered: 29 July 2006Reply With Quote