THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BENCHREST AND TARGET SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Benchrest & Target Shooting    Is it worth the money? "How to shoot Beyond Belief"

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is it worth the money? "How to shoot Beyond Belief"
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am thinking about buying the book and cd. Has anybody bought it and what do they think of it. Thanks, Jeff

Posts: 557 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am not familiar with this book and CD. I think that the basic principles are rather well known and should be available either in the local public library or on various web sites dedicated to the particular shooting discipline you are interested in. Having said that, the topic of long range shooting, distance estimation, use of mil dots etc. is rather specialized and needs not just the theory, but also a place to practice. These 300-600 yards (and up) ranges are not that common and require serious dedication (and expense) to get good! Just FWIW.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted Hide Post
i have often wondered if this is any good as well, and have been very tempted to buy it. its a 10 hour dvd set that is supposed to teach everything from shooting techniques, to reading the wind, mil dots, and accurizing your rifle. i didn't know it came with a book. i may splurge one day and spend the 100 bucks to get it. we'll see how uncle sam treats me...

Posts: 779 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one range here that will let me shoot just over 500 miles. It's called Idaho, from Canada to Nevada or Oregon. Don't you guys have any public ground to go shoot on?

Rich
DRSS
Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
Give this one a try: www.shooterready.com and see how the demo works for you. Unless you are familiar with come ups and wind drift formula the demo may seem confusing, but mess with it a while and believe you will see whether you want to take the plunge for the entire program. Calibers utilized range from lowly 308, 338 Lapua, and of course the ultimate, 50BMG round.
Distances from few hundred to 1800 yards. Check it out.

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am with Rich,spend the money on ammo and learn for yourself. The only way to learn to hit things at long distances is to pull the trigger on your rifle. Books/dvds are okay, but doing it( on the job experience) is learning at a higher level.

Posts: 869 | Location: N Dakota | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
I have one range here that will let me shoot just over 500 miles. It's called Idaho, from Canada to Nevada or Oregon. Don't you guys have any public ground to go shoot on?

Rich
DRSS
Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost...

You're a lucky guy to live where you live. I don't know of a single range in Florida that exceeds 300 yards. Land is just too valuable or is Federal land or State parkland.

We once had a 1000 yard range, but some guys lobbed some 50 cal over the backstop a few times and they closed it.

I love Idaho, BTW. I've taken off and landed a Grumman Albatross on Lake Pend Orelle a few times, and spent a fantastic week running the main Salmon. My favorite among the lower 48.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I live in a sparsely-populated Western state that's about 110,000 square miles of almost nothing, save for a lot of sagebrush and a few jacks. It's not uncommon to set up your bench and never see anyone else all day. There is a dry lakebed just about four miles from my house. It's just over 2,000 yards long and about 700 yards wide. It's dead flat across the bottom. There are no fences, gates, signs or rules to keep me (or anyone else) from using it any time I want. I love it here; sure beats the hell out of Northern Virginia...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote