THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AVIATION FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Aviation    Zero Killer - You need to watch this
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zero Killer - You need to watch this
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hellcat Ace #1

I will not give away the rest of the story.

Zero Killer

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another testimony to the Greatest Generation.

Salute!

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reminder ireload2. The show was a repeat but I enjoyed watching it again. Did I hear correctly near the end of the program that the Hellcat had a 19:1 kill ratio - higher than any other aircraft in WW2?

Cheers.

"The appearance of the law most be upheld--especially while it's being broken." Boss Tweed

Posts: 197 | Location: The Great Prairie | Registered: 19 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RuarkReader,
Yes you heard correctly. I have read 19:1 several places. Much higher than the F4U's 11:1.

There are two others on youtube about the Wildcat.

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of medium
posted Hide Post
I was at the beach this last weekend with my family and caught a show on the history channel about the development and success of the Hellcat. (I'm sure everyone has seen it...I seem to be behind the times on these shows) Very interesting...I had no idea...I had always thought that the F4U and the P51 were better. They had some interesting interviews of pilots as well. Many a zero died to the Hellcat thinking they were fighting against the Wildcat.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 136 | Location: Seward, Alaska | Registered: 11 April 2004Reply With Quote