THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AVIATION FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Aviation    Possible cheap buy on Piper Warrior II
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Possible cheap buy on Piper Warrior II
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
.....located Wright Patterson AF Base, Oh.

I know zero about this but I know that things often sell DIRT cheap in these govern. liquadation auctions.

Piper Warrior II

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Vanderhoef
posted Hide Post
Very high TTAF

"....but to protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not of soundness of heart."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 466 | Location: Just west of Cleo, TX | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
no such thing as a cheap airplane.

they are worse than boats....

besides they have a reserve.

avionics package looks nice.

Posts: 484 | Location: SLC, UT | Registered: 01 March 2003Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
My sentiments too.

If I had to make a blanket statement, I would say that a $200,000 airplane selling for $50,000 is probably going to need $150,000 worth of work. If it was a bargain a local would have purchased it.

At least it was not a confiscated drug runner:

N-number : N128AV
Aircraft Serial Number : 28-8516007
Aircraft Manufacturer : PIPER
Model : PA-28
Engine Manufacturer : LYCOMING
Model : 0-320 SERIES
Aircraft Year : 1984
Owner Name : WRIGHT PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE AERO CLUB
Owner Address : 88TH FSS/FSCA
: 5995 SKEEL AVE
WPAFB, OH, 454335269
Type of Owner : Government
Registration Date : 11-Sep-1990
Airworthiness Certificate Type : Standard
Approved Operations : Normal

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If it was a bargain a local would have purchased it.

No skin off my butt, but you obviously don't understand how the government is currently disposing of excess property. It was not for sale locally.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
went for 36k...........good price?

Posts: 484 | Location: SLC, UT | Registered: 01 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by low_tech:
went for 36k...........good price?

About right for a high time POS like that one. The Warrior may well be one of the most under capable airplanes ever built.

I used to instruct in one many years ago and I HATE that airplane.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Learned to fly in a Warrior and thought it was an OK airplane. Liked the Arrow and my 177RG better though.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 827 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The PA-28-151 Piper Warrior was the first brand new airplane I ever flew, and KX-170B's for radios. It was also the first airplane I was paid to fly. All in all its not a bad airplane, thou I like the Archer a little better. If I was going to buy an airplane I think I would go with an Archer.36K is not a bad price, thou with the amount of time on the AF and what is left for times on the engine and Prop, Maybe its a tad high. But somebody bought it.

Posts: 1070 | Location: East Haddam, CT | Registered: 16 July 2000Reply With Quote