THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AVIATION FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Aviation    Anyone going to the last of the Reno air races?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone going to the last of the Reno air races?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
Unless some other venue picks up the tradition, this is the end of it, Sept. 13-17. Sad to see it end after 59 years, even though I never really wanted to go that bad, preferring a good military airshow.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
I am going King Salmon Fishing on the Columbia River for a couple days then a visit to Burnt River Trading in Salem...on to Rockaway Beach north of Tillamook to visit my gunsmith and deliver my varmint rifle for stock repair!!
Our Cascades Warbirds group has 5 Boxes right at the starting line...it will be a wild time...and Margaritas flowing...last time I was there, I was invited by Commemorative Air Force,to watch the final Gold heat at Turning Point 3 with the judges!! WOW, that was a real thrill with racers screaming over in a tight turn less than 100 feet away!! The only thing better would be driving one...!!
Benefit of being a Colonel member... and YES, we had to sign away our life on paper to participate!!
I really wonder if this "Fastest Sport on Earth" will continue anywhere... or will Reno relent and invite the racers back?? Who knows... what a great run!!!
CheerZ,

PS- I was lucky enough to donate enough to the scholarship fund of our Cascades Warbirds Group to acquire two table models... BELL X-1, first to break the Sound Barrier, signed by Chuck Yeager, and a Shrike Aero Commander in Bob Hoover paint scheme... signed by Bob Hoover!! Both are displayed at the entrance of my trophy room!!... both were at Reno my last time, General Yeager was a regular at SCI Conventions and the annual President's cocktail party... we were part of "The Quarter Century Club"... I called the "Old Farts Club"...they are legends and both Gone West today...end of an Era in flight!!

470EDDY

Posts: 2559 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
That sounds like a wonderful itinerary. Fishing the Big C for upriver brights?
Funny -- I lived in Salem for several years (I am a native), 2014-2016 -- and was unaware of Burnt River Trading. Wonder if it is named for the stream over east of Prairie City.
That stretch of the Oregon Coast from Nehalem south to Netarts/Oceanside is my favorite.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup!! Fall Chinookie!! BUOY 10 at the mouth from Astoria is such a zoo, we have given up!! Only 1 King limit down there. it's 2 at Hood River... lastbyear up to 35lbs and limits for all on board... and more fun with Tules you can't keep!!
May, the Springers are in at Drano Lake and the best eating King Salmon on the planet!! A blast and limits again!!

Send me a PM if you want to fish, I think there is room on the boat, best guide I have found!!

I don't know about Burnt River, I will find out!! Nice guns posted on GI, and I am going to fondle the 275H&H ROYAL!!

CheerZ,

470EDDY

Posts: 2559 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote