Tea Time Gentlemen !
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMWxuKcD6vE

Flying in style of course ! wave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had the pleasure of watching Bob at air shows many times and still believe he and Art Scholl were the best of their generation. Saw Art's last Chipmunk performance at Reno just days before he perished in the Pitts. Good stuff.

Posts: 179 | Location: South of Anchorage | Registered: 21 January 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Take the whole package, flying skill, diversity and uniqueness of his maneuvers in varying airplanes and the man himself, a gentlemen among gentlemen, humble, kind, gracious, willing to share his knowledge and experiences and you have the the unequivocal champion, among champions in the aviation world.

I have been honored to see several of his airshows in person. Thanks Bob for all you've given over the years and all you continue to give in the future!

One of Us
Picture of f224
posted Hide Post
At the ripe young age of 16, I had was a guest at a lunch with Mr. Hoover, I asked him for one piece of advise and he offered this; "Fly as far into the crash as possible." That has served me well, not because I have crashed, but by flying the airplane from chock to chock, I was never put into that position.

Captain Dave Funk
Operator
www.BlaserPro.com

Posts: 839 | Location: Dallas, Iowa, USA | Registered: 05 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
Had the honor and pleasure of meeting him once when I was working in Denver. He was visiting a friend in the next office to mine and the friend brought him over and introduced him. Spent a pleasant time talking about flying.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
I never had the pleasure of meeting Hoover but I idolized him and was in awe of his flying skill. My favorite airplane
was my Aero Commander but I never felt capable of even attempting the maneuvers he made look so easy.

(the first owner of 70Charlie was Bill Boeing)

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote