THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AVIATION FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Aviation    Decided to finally make it happen
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Decided to finally make it happen
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've wanted to get my license for as long as I can remember. Well this last month we finally sold our old house, paid off all outstanding debts, and decided to use a little bit to do some things we have wanted to for a while.

I started a online course for the written portion of the license, and should stat the flight portion this next week. I have the following week off for vacation, and hope to put a pretty good dent in the dual time during that week.

Yes it's cocked, and it has bullets too!!!

Posts: 582 | Location: Apache Junction, AZ | Registered: 08 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!
I got my pilots license June 23rd of '11. Wife flew with me one time and said "OK, now I've flown with you. I'm done" Didn't scare her (or me) but it just isn't for me I guess. I mainly wanted to learn because of a scary pilot in Moz. I wanted to be able to land, take over if necessary for my own safety. Hope you enjoy it.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Rick,

You didn't enjoy knowing how to fly? Are you saying your wife is done or you're done with it?

I actually miss the flying but not the hassles of flying professionally for the airlines today. But the stick, rudder, and throttle part, yea, I miss that terribly.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd,
I enjoyed it immensely. She is just not going to fly in a small plane, hell, she doesn't even like flying 1st class in a big plane. And the trip she went on with me was absolutely perfect. Smoothest takeoff, no turbulence, smoothest landing....just greased it in. She just won't do it.
And, the places that we would fly usually have my nemesis, WIND!!! Usually windy in the panhandle, or Laughlin plus the altitude density in Laughlin is way off the chart in the hot months.
I learned what I needed to learn and am comfortable with that for now.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Try LSA flying in a Carbon Cub.....it is really flying, low and slow with the window open....can't beat it...and no friggin medicals either!!
Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote