Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WWII warbird flights
 Login/Join

posted
I have always wanted to go for a flight in a P51 or other WWII warbird. Is anyone familiar with a commercial outfit that offers flights?

Posts: 19 | Location: montana | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted Hide Post
http://www.stallion51.com/about/about.aspx

Be sure and post a review of your experience! Have fun!!

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Stallion51 is around $3K an hour....you might see when the Collings Foundation brings their B-17 and B-24 into the area. About $425 an hour give or take a little. I went in the B-17 and it was very memorable and well worth it. Let us know what you end up doing!

Posts: 1647 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TrapperP
posted Hide Post
Go to BiplaneRidesOverAtlanta.com and have a look. The guy that owns these aircraft also has a P51, the "Old Boy," and I don't know if it is possible to hitch up for a ride but it might be worth a try. It sits at PDK (Peachtree Dekalb) sso if you are ever in ATL you can go look them over.
BTW, a ride in that T-6 would not be half bad if they would let me do have some of the stick time!

Lord, give me patience 'cuz if you give me strength I'll need bail money!!
'TrapperP'

Posts: 3742 | Location: Moving on - Again! | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted Hide Post
quote:
Stallion51 is around $3K an hour....you might see when the Collings Foundation brings their B-17 and B-24 into the area. About $425 an hour give or take a little. I went in the B-17 and it was very memorable and well worth it. Let us know what you end up doing!

$3K is expensive but isnt this a full checkout with stick time? $425 would be money well spent for a ride in the B17 or the B24! I would have to enter that in my log book and get the pilots endorsement that I rode in one of these!

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted Hide Post
quote:
Stallion51 is around $3K an hour

I think you can go out west (Arizona??) somewhere and fly an L39, Mig 15 or 17 for less money. Something to think about!