THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AVIATION FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Aviation    Lead on a Mooney or Bellanca Viking
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lead on a Mooney or Bellanca Viking
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone know of a good aircraft for sale? Esp interested in Mooney 20E or F; or Bellanca Super Viking. Some maintenance needs OK if priced in. No "projects" and no mystery planes (ie not documented). Texas or adjoining states. Thanks.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2927 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Russ, sounds like your mission is for a fast cross country machine? A couple considerations, tight cabin in the Mooney, Wood/fabric wing on the Bellanca. Don't forget the Bonanza, it also fits that mission & lot's of them around. Good Hunting.
Cheers
m4220

Posts: 217 | Location: US | Registered: 15 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's a few:

https://www.controller.com/lis...sale/mooney/aircraft

The Mooney is my favorite. All metal, rod operated flight controls, fast, stable instrument platform. One downside is poor prop ground clearance, so grass fields might be an issue.

Posts: 3672 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
HOLY SMOKERS!!
I picked up a couple of CONTROLLER magazines yesterday at the local airport....prices are SHOCKING!! 2X, 3X pre-COVID pricing??!! There are 11 pages of photo classifieds... that's 2x what is normal!!! I think folks must be "fishin" while the fuel prices are over the moon, and not flying!!??
I don't think this is the time to be buying... much against normal economic trends??
Russ, you are taller than I am... you might not be comfortable in a Mooney?? Prop strikes are a common problem even on pavement!!
One of my old favorites is the Piper Comanche 260...big wheels, so even grass and some back country is OK!!
Good luck!!

CheerZ,

470EDDY

Posts: 2559 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Russ,
A client commented today about 2 different BELLANCA VIKINGS on FACEBOOK CLASSIFIEDS in Texas right now. Very reasonable.
Please shoot me your email and I will forward his first email with photos attached.

470EDDY

Posts: 2559 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is the FACEBOOK post on one Super Viking in Texas, click on the active link, City Nae and FACEBOK will open-

1972 Bellanca super viking

$54,000

Listed 16 weeks ago in Marble Falls, TX

Message Again

Seller's Description

Bellanca super Viking only 340 hours in a FRM engine 2000 Tbo. Supper fast 199 miles and hour annual is due now she is great shape flys really fast purchase as is Log books are complete and current

470EDDY

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
I Googled Bellanca Super Viking Texas. I came up with a couple links-
First is an Australia site, one listed in Ft Lauderdale, another in Arizona-
https://www.aviationtrader.com...TEXAS&City=SOUTHLAKE
Here is another-
https://georgetown-tx.american...rplane_22316691.html
Says ad more than 60 days old. Georgetown, Texas
I hope these are helpful if you are still looking.
I expect another email from George for second FACEBOOK ad.

470EDDY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Super Viking has a fabric-covered fuselage. Maintenance will be higher than a Mooney. I've got 200+ hours in a Mooney 201. Loved that airplane.

Posts: 382 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I ended up in a Cruisair, Franklin 150HP, amazing plane for its day.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2927 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dammitt! Post some pics Russ. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Russ Gould:
I ended up in a Cruisair, Franklin 150HP, amazing plane for its day.

Posts: 3672 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote