Find
Notify
Tools

Pics from Reading Air Show
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted
Just returned from the Reading Air Show WW II weekend. Here are a few pics from the show. This is my 5th year in a row attending the show. The crowds were more than I expected after receiving 4.1 inches of rain (Thursday night through most of Friday).

I managed to get a few pics of the B-29 "Fifi" before takeoff and a size comparison between the B-17 and the B-29.

Here are two pics of the P-61 "Blackwidow" under restoration.

P-51 "Mustangs'" and SBD-5 "Dauntless"

SB2C-5 "Helldiver"

B-25J "Mitchell"

Last is a pic of the flight crew for the B-25D "Yankee Warrior", myself and my wife. Last year the the crew members answered all my questions about the aircraft and a 10 cent tour and I decided to give them a little gift. I gave the crew a Saddam "Certificate of Participation" for the "Mother of all Battles." The certificates were recover during my deployment to Iraq.

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

Posts: 596 | Location: Chester County, PA. | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have not been to the Reading Air Show since the late '60's. Glad to see it is still being held. Also glad to see how the progress they are making on the P 61. Been a few years since I saw it...what a difference.

Posts: 610 | Location: NC | Registered: 17 November 2007Reply With Quote