THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SOLD-Beretta Mato 338 Win Mag
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This is the rifle Beretta introduced based on the Dakota 97 action. This one is in 338 Win Mag. The specs read Lothar Walther barrels, HS Precision stocks, and Shillen triggers. The Dakota 97 action is a CRF Model 70 copy with 3-position wing safety. Bases and rings will stay on the rifle....scope is also available for sale. At my age, I don't think another trip to Alaska is in the cards, so it can go.

$1,495 + $55 shipping.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Up

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If your game doesn't require the 225-250gr loads, a 338 with a 160gr TTSX will get near 3,400 fps.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is this a Dakota made for Beretta or a later one produced by Beretta after they started making them?

Posts: 177 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 August 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does it have the detachable magazine? If so how is the magazine marked?

Posts: 177 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 August 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
375, the receiver is not marked "Dakota". The serial number starts with RAA...perhaps that helps? The magazine floorplate is attached to the box magazine, and is released from inside the trigger guard. It is Marked Beretta Mato on the floorplate, and LONG MAG inside.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 375sunrise:
Is this a Dakota made for Beretta or a later one produced by Beretta after they started making them?

Dakota actions used from serial number RAA001001 to RAA001203. Dakota was also marked on reciever in front of bolt.

Posts: 79 | Location: Montana | Registered: 11 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I read that....just the first 203 actions were made by Dakota, and so marked.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great elk rifle.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lop? Weight? How does it shoot.

Posts: 259 | Location: Marietta, Georgia | Registered: 04 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BillC, specs show 7.8 lbs...about right for the stout 338 Win Mag. LOP is the standard 13 1/2" and the barrel is 24". I've never shot it, and I'm not sure it's been shot based on the boltface, magazine and muzzle condition. Reviews show excellent accuracy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM Sent

Posts: 120 | Location: Zionsville, IN | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Back at ya.