THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified - FIREARMS ONLY    SPF - .400 Whelen 1903A1 Springfield with Dies, Brass, and Bullets
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SPF - .400 Whelen 1903A1 Springfield with Dies, Brass, and Bullets
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
.400 Whelen 1903A1 Springfield with Dies, Brass, and Bullets. The rifle is built on a high-number 1903A1 Springfield action with Douglas barrel, NECG banded front sight and Redfield No. 70SH rear peep sight, parkerized finish and Boyds laminated stock. Work done by DCPD here. The rifle includes a set of correct C&H reloading dies, 20 rounds of Quality Cartridge properly stamped brass which as been sized and neck turned, 43 rounds of brass fireformed from Hornady .35 Whelen brass, and three boxes of bullets including a box of 350-grain Speer bullets that have been sized to .410. The rifle has not been fired since built except to fireform the brass. $1,025 shipped in the continental U.S.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3813 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's an interesting cartridge, I have read a little about it in the past. Great price for it!

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's more than interesting; it is a GREAT cartridge; giving 450-400 ballistics out of a 30-06 case.
And you can't possibly put one together for this price now.

Posts: 17104 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is so much cool about this.
Springfield!
400!
Peep sight!
Components!

Wow Man. I am lh otherwise this would be mine. This is so cool and I am envious.

Posts: 9087 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At that price, rifle, dies, bullets. It's basically a gift.

Posts: 1210 | Location: Satterlee Arms 1-605-584-2189 | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is the LOP? and what do you estimate the weight of the rifle?

Posts: 292 | Registered: 01 November 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll answer by saying it's a Boyds stock and their standard LOP is 13.75.
Weight, probably 7.75 pounds, but LnB can answer that one.

Posts: 17104 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
My scale has the weight at 8 pounds 6 ounces, though it feels lighter because it balances well.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3813 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is the rifle still available?

Posts: 7 | Registered: 24 June 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
SPF to the man from South Carolina.