THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified - FIREARMS ONLY    WTB/WTT Looking for a simple S&W 38 special square butt revolver
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB/WTT Looking for a simple S&W 38 special square butt revolver
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have an old pair of Pearl grips for a S&W K frame. I’d like to find a revolver to put them on. I’m looking for something simple. I don’t care what barrel length. I don’t really care if it’s blue or nickel but I’d like something with fair finish. If the finish is poor and it’s cheap enough, I’d still consider it as I might refinish it. I have a few things for trade or we can discuss a cash price. I’m not looking for a new in the box example as I actually want to shoot and carry it.

Thanks for your help,

RC

Shoot the largest caliber you can shoot well, and practice, practice, practice.

Posts: 788 | Location: Central Texas, U.S. | Registered: 20 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
The LGS has a 4" model 10. Shooter grade. Mechanically sound but bluing wear. No pitting.

PM me if you want details to the shop. Price was good for my area at $375.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
PM sent

Posts: 788 | Location: Central Texas, U.S. | Registered: 20 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You're as bad as me. Several years ago I bought a set of ivory grips for a colt peacemaker, then went looking for the gun. What I found at an estate sale was a pair of cons. serial. #s. Well, of course I had to buy them both, but then I wanted the ivory to match, so I had to send them back to Hartford to get matching ivory grips, ad nauseam. After spending a lot of money, I still had that original set of grips. Oh, well, we gotta spend our money on something. Smiler

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I have a weakness for exotic grips on handguns. I have Pearl, mammoth ivory, stag, Turkish walnut, and other woods. The more unique, the better. The thing about Pearl and ivory is they look good to me on both blue and nickel guns. More so in my opinion that wood or stag. In fact I prefer a blued finish with wood or stag grips. I guess that’s just my eye.

If someone has an old model 10 or pre-10 in nickel they would part with, I’m all ears.

Thanks,

RC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's one for your consideration.
I have a old style no lawyer lock floating firing pin, 1966/67 10-5 in nickel. Some markings are faded so believe it was not factory nickel. Must have been part of a PD as it is marked as such on heel. Would have to take the faux grips off to confirm everything is nice underneath.
If interested, $500 plus shipping from my dealer to yours. You can PM any questions or picture request for different angles.

Posts: 1550 | Location: SE Florida | Registered: 07 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wizard78
That's a nice model 10, I have a victory model that was redone that looks similar but with simulated pearl grips that I replaced with factory walnut.
My grips also have the wood on the inside and was wondering if yours have any writing on the inside to identify who made them.
At first glance I thought the very dark wood was plastic also but it is most definitely wood, possibly ebony but not sure.

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll take the grips off tomorrow when I get back from our military shoot, and take a look.

E.T.A. Seems like you are correct about grips. Without scratching them, all the texture and appearance indicate wood. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Posts: 1550 | Location: SE Florida | Registered: 07 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wizard, nice looking piece. I have one in 45 LC that is stamped with the lend-lease logo to Britain in war 2.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is a nice revolver. Thank you for the offer.

RC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your grips are from the same company as mine. Not sure who the company is but they were popular in the 50s-60s, my pistol is a later lend/lease victory model from Britain that was fancied up with the nickel finish and pearl grips.

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I found a K-frame. I made a deal with a forum member. This K38 6” target model looks perfect with the Pearl grips! I’m ordering a brass Tyler T-grip for it.

Thank you for the offers!

RC