THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SOLD-Ithaca 37 Bull Barrel 12ga Slug Gun
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This is an interesting 12ga slug gun I've taken a number of Deer with. Ithaca used a 10ga blank, but then bored it to 12ga with full rifling. The barrel is just short of 26". There was some wear on the receiver from carrying, so I polished it down and Duracoated it for a fresh look. I have a rail for the receiver with 1" rings that will be included to scope it up. It's a beast at 9.8 lbs for the bare gun, so I wouldn't use it as a stalking gun. I have a 25 acre corn field on my property that I used it for. With high-velocity sabot slugs, I could get 1 1/2" groups at 100 yards. The last Deer I took was a 9-point at 217 yards.

If you're limited to shotgun in your area and want to stretch your reach a bit, this would work.

$675 + $50 shipping

Posts: 20085 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No long range slug snipers? :-)

Posts: 20085 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great gun for tree stand setup

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2578 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used to set up in a ground blind at the downwind edge of the field with the gun on a rest....covered a lot of field.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jon: That's the epitome of a utilitarian gun. Talk about practical!

Dave Manson

Posts: 686 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 04 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you can't use a rifle, it's the next best think :-)

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have 3 Ithacas. My dad's early 1960s 37 Deerslayer with Buckhorn sights. My first shotgun, a 37 featherweight, and a 37 riot gun I carried for years.

Bump for a great Browning gun!

Good luck and good shooting.
In Memory of Officer Nik Green, #198, Oklahoma Highway Patrol Troop G...Murdered in the line of duty 12-26-03...A Good Man, A Good Officer, and A Good Friend gone too soon

Posts: 839 | Location: Between Doan's Crossing and Red River Station | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I alway wanted one of these when we had to use a shotgun or muzzleloader in Southern Michigan....now with the 1.8" shell and larger than 357 caliber theres a few hunters still looking for one....

Posts: 424 | Location: Lk. St.Clair | Registered: 11 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The straight wall cartridge change is mostly a mid-western thing....many states still require shotguns in part or all of the state.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Surprisingly PA legalized straight wall cartridges in former shotgun only areas but without a length restriction. So, one could hunt deer with a .458 Win mag or Lott if so inclined.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2292 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, I didn't know that! I thought they were all out there driving Deer with their Remington 760 pump rifles :-)