THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rigby .275 transitional action, cased
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A cased Rigby transitional action Best Quality sporting rifle in .275 Rigby, very nice bore, solid wood, metal in very nice condition. The rifle was scoped at one time and no longer is, the holes have been filled and the engraving restored. There is a well done wood repair below the bolt stop. Accessories include cleaning rod, leather muzzle protector, boil out funnel etc. More pictures upon request. A nice early Rigby with much life left in it:

Rigby number - 2037
Mauser number - 4289
Mauser Sporting Best
23 August 1902
Sold to Henry Atkin (Gunmaker)
7lbs 8oz
25" barrel
14 5/8" LOP
Sighting - Ivory bead standing and 2 leaves 1, 2 & 300 yds No.2 V

10,950$

Posts: 196 | Location: Boulder mountains | Registered: 09 February 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
now 10,750$

It is a nice rifle.

Posts: 196 | Location: Boulder mountains | Registered: 09 February 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was able to handle this rifle while in Steve's shop and the pictures do not do it justice. It is super clean and super well balanced. Much nicer than any of the current Rigby bolt rifles that I have seen.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3818 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave, it would be a privilege just to handle that lovely Rigby.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16374 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post