THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified - FIREARMS ONLY    Prepping for a large volume sale - Rifles & Shotguns
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prepping for a large volume sale - Rifles & Shotguns
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is another question.

If
The buyer paid extra for it would it be possible to ship in a hard case?

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1057 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
If I may add some experience to your question about selling online, I have two points.

1) You may find that shipping to AK is more than just a little higher in cost. The last rifle I shipped to AK via USPS cost $168 from Washington state.

2) Any firearm transaction conducted via PayPal may get your account and the buyer's account frozen. If you like the idea of $2500 sitting there untouchable for months on end, go ahead with your PayPal plans. They really hate the 2A.

GLWS

Merkel 140A- .470NE
Beretta Vittoria- 12 Ga.
J.P. Sauer & Sohn Type B- 9.3x64mm
ArmaLite AR-10A4- 7.62x51mm
Franchi Highlander- 12 Ga.
Marlin 1894 CB Limited- .41 Magnum
Remington 722- .244 Rem.
and many, many more.

An honest man learns to keep his horse saddled.

Posts: 593 | Location: Lake Andes, SD | Registered: 15 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Ross,
With respect to shipping, for any long gun of value, I would purchase an MWM hard case ($20) in the box and ship in them!! I also go to Home Depot and have box width 1/4" plywood cut across the sheet so 48" wide. Slide these in the box top n bottom.... no broken stocks!!
I ship ONLY USPS registered and insured... locked up when not in transit and tracked.
I have never had a loss or broken stock!!
Friend who bought my G&H FRANCOTT 405 WIN double, shipped it to a well known gunsmith for Red Dot sight. Stock broke at the pistol grip next shooting... and another double, same thing within a couple months!!

Good luck on your sales, I am getting there too!!

CHEERZ,

470EDDY

Posts: 2570 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
470 Eddy this is wise advice. ESP the trick with the plywood.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

Posts: 1057 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hasher:

If

Yes, I have several and would add $15 for the cases. These are the Docisil type cases. I can ship in the large Pelican cases but would have add $200 for those.

Posts: 10167 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 470EDDY:
Ross,
With respect to shipping, for any long gun of value, I would purchase an MWM hard case ($20) in the box and ship in them!! I also go to Home Depot and have box width 1/4" plywood cut across the sheet so 48" wide. Slide these in the box top n bottom.... no broken stocks!!
I ship ONLY USPS registered and insured... locked up when not in transit and tracked.
I have never had a loss or broken stock!!
Friend who bought my G&H FRANCOTT 405 WIN double, shipped it to a well known gunsmith for Red Dot sight. Stock broke at the pistol grip next shooting... and another double, same thing within a couple months!!

Good luck on your sales, I am getting there too!!

CHEERZ,

Excellent idea. I have not added plywood before. I live 1 mile from Home Depot.

Posts: 10167 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
Hiker,
I have no .410's, but have a very very nice Remington 870 Wingmaster in 20ga, with 3 chokes. It is uncut with a LOP 14 1/4" LOP. Price will be $750 shipped if this interests. It may be overkill for a grandkid but it will last and serve well.
I started my sons on Browning BPS's in 20ga.

Thanks for the comments.

Ross

Do you know about year of manufacture and barrel length

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2581 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hasher:

If

Yes, I have several and would add $15 for the cases. These are the Docisil type cases. I can ship in the large Pelican cases but would have add $200 for those.

470 Eddys suggestion of an MGM case which also give you the shipping box is a great one BTW.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hikerbum:
quote:
Hiker,
I have no .410's, but have a very very nice Remington 870 Wingmaster in 20ga, with 3 chokes. It is uncut with a LOP 14 1/4" LOP. Price will be $750 shipped if this interests. It may be overkill for a grandkid but it will last and serve well.

Thanks for the comments.

Ross

Do you know about year of manufacture and barrel length

I do not know the year of manufacture on these. The first one listed below is from a newer generation of Wingmasters. The second one is the classic Wingmaster that has been around many years.

I have two 20ga 870 Wingmasters.
SOLD One is a bit fancy as it is engraved, has cut checking, satin stock finish, 14" LOP, 27 1/4" barrel, three chokes. The barrel is marked 2 3/4" or 3". The barrel does not have the words "Remington" on it. The grip cap is a bit fancier than the normal Wingmaster. It is black, fitted plastic with a stylize "RA" on it. The recoil pad is marked "Remington". In excellent condition

The second is a standard, classic Remington Wingmaster Magnum, in excellent condition, 14" LOP, 27 1/4" barrel with 5 chokes. It is the classic Wingmaster.

I will be selling them for $750 each shipped. I am in conversation with another AR member on them but I have not had a committment to buy. I will ship in a box and include a soft shotgun case.

Thanks,
Ross

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I, personally, am looking forward to seeing the list.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2314 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can buy cheap hard cases at Walmart.com for under $20 and they come in a box for reshipping it makes things much easier.

DRSS Member

Posts: 901 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WVFred:
You can buy cheap hard cases at Walmart.com for under $20 and they come in a box for reshipping it makes things much easier.

Fred,
I just checked. Those cases are now $33 or more. I just ordered some from Amazon, so will see how that works. Prices continue to rise. Vote for Trump..

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hiker,

Thanks for the comments.

Ross

Thanks, what is barrel length on the Wingmaster? Also any basic 22’s for starting klids shooting?

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2581 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Barrel length on the remaining 20ga is 27 1/4".
I will have five Winchester Model 9422 and 9422M that will get listed. This may not be what you are after in that they are in perfect condition and I will ask $1250 each for them.

I have one Browning SA-22, new in the box for $600 shipped. This is a new model not made in Belgium.

Hope this helps.
Ross

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
If you want to get real sexy on packaging and don't like the colorful box advertising the guncase inside, wrap it in brown heavy kraft paper and tape up nicely with proper USPS Approved wet tape for Certified mail shipments... otherwise, run a knife along the glue line, open the box and flip it inside out, glue and tape... you have a blank box!! Works for me!!

470EDDY

Posts: 2570 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post