THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I got scrammed
 Login/Join

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
YEAH...and GOOGLE has been tampering with our elections for decades!!
Can't live with computers, can't live without em!!
I get 2-3 scams a day on my old free email account!!
I have deleted so many, I have probably missed my Lotto winnings!!
But I am buying a ticket tomorrow...almost a $$BILLION!!

470EDDY

Posts: 2559 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray is on target.

I had a close call visiting a Rolex watch site.
The site had been closed-then it was taken over by a scam site. The web and Internet is full of scam scum.
Caveat Internet- social media is a joke,
especially Fakebook. Tell your grand kids to phone or even visit.

Posts: 359 | Location: Between Alaska and Gulf of Mexico | Registered: 22 December 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They never stop. Most are out of country call centers in India. Last one that tried me was a caller trying to tell me they were from Publisher's Clearing House and that I'd won millions.

I just laughed and called him a dirty name in his own language and hung up on him.

They never stop because sometimes it works and that pays for the operating costs. Some of these are large operations that make them millions. They have auto dialers that can spoof any name and number they want to have pop up on your phone.

They also send bulk emails by the millions with bogus website "links" to their own sites where they try to get you to let them on your computer so they can download spyware and keyloggers to get all your passwords. Especially if you do any online banking.

Here are a few channels of dedicated folks trying to bust the scam rings. Will make for some educational viewing for folks not familiar with how the scams work:

https://www.youtube.com/c/JimBrowning/videos

https://www.youtube.com/@KitbogaShow/videos

https://www.youtube.com/@ScammerPayback/videos

Depends on how far down the rabbit hole you want to go, but there's a lot of information on "how" these scam centers work, and how they dupe regular folks every day.

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
The got my Brother for 18K and when I started asking about it he changed the subject and would never discuss it again.

If I were given a 4 oz ball peen hammer, a 50 or 100 pound anvil, and a roll of 100 MPH tape, I bet I could convince many of them that it is really a bad career choice

Something about how long (strokes) it takes for it to become metal to metal contact would convince those in the group to take tech calls instead.

Only three fingers per hand!

Yes I kinda dislike them.

You know the country of origin likes the inflow of currency.

Years ago theree was a couple over in the NC area that clipped a lot of folks for money.
I paid them for a barrel and received a barrel . . . . Probably one of the only folks that got what I paid for. was one of their first "customers and maybe they needed someone telling about how well everything went!

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Simple solution!

Don't call me---I'll call you!

Don't open or answer a call from anyone that you don't know personally!

I get at least 20 spam calls a day, that is what answering machines are for.

Computer has a spam button!

Hip

P.S. Ray---Where is my 20K?

Posts: 1822 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hip, that's why I got robokiller on my phone as 9 out of 10 calls were spam/telemarketer calls + I just got fed up. I wonder why they still do it. I can't imagine them making any sales, as everyone hates them. It costs me $36.00 a year + is worth it.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:
Originally posted by richj:
How do we know that it's actually Ray :-)

Easy question to ask.

How long does Ray hold onto a gun before he sells it.

A test and only a test. Ray respond: The 9.3x62 sucks.

Very glad you got on top of this and no long term damage.

Posts: 10832 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
iF YOU GET A TEXT OR EMAIL NUMBER TO CALL FROM ANY ONE, RUN!! OR LOOK UP THE BUSINESS OR PERSON AT THEIR REAL BUSINESS. if YOU GET SUSPECIOUS CALL YOUR BANK, AND LOCAL Law ENFORCEMENT. it SEEMS TO ME IF THEY CAN CATCH A BILLION DOLLAR DRUG LORD HIDING IN SINALOA OR MEDALIN IN THE BUSH, THEY COULD CATCH A PUNK SCAMMER, DISREGARD FOR A LAW IS AN OPEN DOOR TO THE BAD GUYS. A TASK FORCE IS INNEED!

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For criminals---What is needed is Summary Executions!

Hip

Posts: 1822 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes sir. Used to be + might still be, that in China that there was only one punishment + it did a lot to curtail crime. Like the old saying about hanging horse thieves, We don't hang a man for stealing a horse, we hang a man so that horses won't be stolen.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post