THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified - FIREARMS ONLY    Pin fire pocket pistol “The Guardian model of 1878”
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pin fire pocket pistol “The Guardian model of 1878”
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone know anything about this old pocket pistol? Handed down from my grandfather who carried it while delivering ice In Manhattan, NY in the late teens. (He emigrated in ‘14). Decent shape, was hoping someone could fill me in on the old girl. Thanks and sorry for posting this in the classifieds. I have photos but not an image posting site since they ruined photobucket.

Posts: 77 | Registered: 26 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess that’s my luck. I inherited this little pistol and my older brother got my grandfather’s Parker 16ga VS SXS on an “0” frame! I got the short end of the stick.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got the answers from Buckstix. It’s Belgian made between 1878-1890. Probably 7mm. Worth up to maybe 250. Thanks again Buck.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sure wouldn't be disappointed. The history is worth way more than the intrinsic value.

Posts: 376 | Location: USA | Registered: 26 March 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
My brother broght back 3 pin fires, in nice condition from WW2 in Germany..Sold them but they didn't bring much in the 1950s, $100 each..so Id expect $250 is a good price! but wouldn't guarentee that..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Photobucket became null and void ten wars ago; most of us now use Imgur; free and better than PB.
As for your revolver; it is not worth much; paperweight and curio value. Unless it is like new in the original box.
Simpsons used to have lots of them; haven't gone down there lately. $100 is about it around here. In Wisconsin is where they are worth more.

Posts: 17104 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Simpsons still has a dozen or so; most are $125; some more. This one has no grips it seems, and is $100.

Posts: 17104 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DPCD,
Why is it worth more In Wisconsin?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Because that is where Buckstix's shop is.
It's a joke.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got it. I know walleyes, brats and ‘curds are worth more in WI, not Pinfires.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by basser:
I got the answers from Buckstix. It’s Belgian made between 1878-1890. Probably 7mm. Worth up to maybe 250. Thanks again Buck.
Hello basser,
Thanks for the compliment.

As I told you .. $150-$250 value. I just looked up my sales records on pin-fires over the last 10 years... I sold 15 in 7mm cal. like yours and they sold for $150 to $250 depending on the 3 variables I mentioned - those variables being front site, loading gate, ejector rod, one or more of which are typically missing which lessens the value considerably. Like the one dpcd posted that's missing ejector rod and grips. ... Yours has all 3 ... and nice grips too.

If you want a couple 7mm pin-fire cartridges for displaying with your family treasure, drop me a note.

and yes .... cheese curds and bratts are worth their weight in gold here in Wisconsin. ... but only if with beer.

" .... you never pay too much for something, you only buy it too early .... "

How to Hunt Wisconsin Whitetail Deer with a Cannon

How to Hunt Feral Cats with a Mortar

Posts: 2116 | Location: Whitetail Country - Wisconsin | Registered: 28 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks again Buck. I may very well take you up on that. Be well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
True, family treasures are worth more than dollars. I've told this story before, there was a guy herein town (introduced by our kids in school) that had an M1 carbine that he wanted to sell for $50.00; I said sure, + bought it, + then he said, would you give me $50.00 for this? It was an original Colt 1851 36. cal. in an old holster that had been his great-grandfathers when he was a sheriff in west Texas. I asked him if he had any relatives who might want this heirloom before you just sell it? Kicked my self in the ass over the years, but not too hard, as I know that even if he sold it to the next guy who came along, I did the right thing.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually older revolvers like this are worth more in Canada.

As there are very few restrictions on ownership, carrying and import.

Who says firearm laws make any sense.

Posts: 19359 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll be darned. I have that same revolver, non-working of course.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post