THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified - FIREARMS ONLY    I need a Blaser R-8 right hand 500 Jeffery bolt head or bolt carrier and bolt head
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need a Blaser R-8 right hand 500 Jeffery bolt head or bolt carrier and bolt head
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
As implied in title I am looking to help a friend switch a left hand 500 Jeffery to a right hand. I can source the bolt carrier elsewhere but the bolt head is the critical need. It needs to head to Africa with the hunter by June 1.

Posts: 222 | Location: Springfield, MO | Registered: 12 February 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gary, if I remember correctly, a RH bolthead will work on a LH rifle...it just ejects out the other side. Check with Blaser to be sure.

Posts: 20124 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jon!
We're trying to convert a left handed rifle to a right handed version, but maybe??? Will that left handed bolthead actually fit on a right handed Bolt housing?? I'll check with the boys in San Antonio!
Thanks Jon,
You're the best!

Posts: 222 | Location: Springfield, MO | Registered: 12 February 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jon,
As usual you were right on the money and there are some happy hunters in Zimbabwe!
Thanks Sir

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad to help Gary!

Posts: 20124 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post