THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Decided to keep it
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The Guardian Model of 1878 pinfire pistol. This was my grandfather’s pocket carry pistol. He was an Italian immigrant through Ellis Island and started his own ice delivery route in Manhattan, NY.

The action appears to work, but the hammer spring must be broken. If you apply pressure to the hammer, it will strike and rotate the cylinder.

The trigger folds.

Loading gate and extraction rod all present. Finish on the wood grips good for its age and retain 90% of its gloss.

Some bluing remains on the cylinder.

Don’t know much about pinfires, but I see much, much rougher examples sell for $150 on Simpsonltd

PM me for better pictures.

I’m available to talk on the phone if you have questions. Pm me your # and we’ll chat.

Listed elsewhere also.

$250 delivered to the lower 48.

Posts: 79 | Registered: 26 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On second thought, I guess I can’t post photos. I thought I had when I sold my Mannlicher 1903 years ago. Anyway, shoot me a PM and I send you some pics.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
AR does not host photos so you have to get a hosting service; I use IMGUR; free and easy to use.

Posts: 17273 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Someone has offered to post em. Always friendly folks on this site!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Photos for Basser

Posts: 7578 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7578 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks brother!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wonderful old revolver!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16628 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cool story, no offense, but why would you ever sell something like that, much less for 250 measly dollars?

Posts: 5192 | Registered: 30 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fair question 505. I have enormous emotional connection to the memory of my grandfather, but none to this revolver. In fact, I'm going to his hometown in Potenza in May. He had a 16ga Parker 0 frame side by side that we still treasure, but this pinfire is just an old gun!