THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified - FIREARMS ONLY    SPF. New old stock Pedersoli Kodiak double rifle, .58 caliber
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SPF. New old stock Pedersoli Kodiak double rifle, .58 caliber
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
As the title says, this is a brand new Pedersoli Kodiak Mark III double rifle, caliber .58. The 28-inch barrels are rifled with a 1:48 twist to stabilize both round ball and conical. The date code BL indicates this was made in 2011. At that time, Pedersoli still used the double rear sight system. With the Kodiaks I have had in the past, I usually worked with just one sight and got satisfying results. There is a lot of weight in those barrels, which makes this rifle both smooth-swinging and soft of recoil. Shooting patched round balls over 120 grains of FFg is easily managed. Each of the Kodiaks then and now tend to be laws unto themselves as far as regulation. I have had three -- two in .58 and one in .72 -- and had good luck with each getting fist-sized right and left groups at 75 yards or so. Loaded to the gills with heavy conicals, the Kodiaks have been used successfully in Africa, and of course on all the critters in North America.
If you have no experience with double rifles, I highly recommend finding copies of Sir Samuel Baker's "Wild Beasts and Their Ways" (1890) for his wide experience with muzzleloading doubles rifles agains almost all the major game animals on earth in the Victorian era, and any of the editions of Graeme Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle," which explains how these unique firearms are designed to work.
I am asking what I have in it -- $1375 shipped insured -- and will include a box of TC Maxiballs, a sample of LEE REAL bullets, a box of Hornady .570 round balls and a fiberglass rod from Track that is designed to replace the wood one that comes with the Kodiak. I will also include load notes I kept from the last Kodiak I shot some years ago. (Jeffeosso and I sold this one back and forth to each other. Cool) Not looking for trades, thanks.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16398 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Man, if my MVA rifle would just sell!!!

Jerry

Posts: 1424 | Location: Dayton, Wyoming | Registered: 11 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love these things and have three now. Killed a pig with the 58 last year. My 54 will shoot into 2 inches at 50 and the 58 into 2.5, both with CVA Power Belts.

Posts: 17122 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
SPF

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16398 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post