THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified - FIREARMS ONLY    Custom 338/06 ...Shoots as good as it looks!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom 338/06 ...Shoots as good as it looks!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a gorgeous custom 338/06 built on a Sako L61R action and stocked and checkered by a renowned stock-maker. I have targets showing it's extreme accuracy! I have plenty of photos and If you have an interest in this wonderful caliber you should request photos ( I can't ever get any to post on here but am happy to forward them upon request). You won't be disappointed!

I'm asking $2750 for the rifle and also have a Swarovski scope and substantial amounts of reloading components and new Redding dies.

I am only selling this incredible rifle because I quickly need to obtain a 9.3x62 rifle for a upcoming Africa trip! I'm also interested in a possible trade for the right rifle.

Email request for photos and info to ghay@hopechurch.net

Posts: 207 | Location: Springfield, MO | Registered: 12 February 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you're not planning on hunting dangerous game your 338/06 will work fine for any plains game animals. I've shot everything from Jackels to Eland with my .338 Win Mag. A few less fps with a 338/06 won't make any difference at the ranges plains game are normally shot.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2307 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I emailed you but no response. Please check your mail. thanks

Posts: 80 | Registered: 17 April 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Labman:
If you're not planning on hunting dangerous game your 338/06 will work fine for any plains game animals. I've shot everything from Jackels to Eland with my .338 Win Mag. A few less fps with a 338/06 won't make any difference at the ranges plains game are normally shot.

I totally agree! It is absolutely potent enough and I have taken a bunch of African animals with the .338 Win Mag and lots of others with a 338/06 I owned previously, I love them. I know the 9.3x62 is very capable of handling the Buffalo and even raking shots in a pinch. The SD of the 286g bullet is capable of nearly matching the .375 H&H in terms of penetration. Then there's the nostalgia of the caliber. My African friends think very highly of it and I would like to give it a try. If I don't sell the 338/06 however, I won't shed a tear...that's for sure!

Posts: 207 | Location: Springfield, MO | Registered: 12 February 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let's drop the price to $2650.
Listed elsewhere

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a significant amount of new Norma 338/06 head-stamped brass, bullets and new Redding dies to accommodate whatever you care to hunt in Africa (shy of Buffalo or Elephant) or anything in North America. I can put together an amazing package for the buyer of this rifle and have some time pressure in doing so. I need to buy a "heavy" African rifle and get prepared for a summer hunt.
Give me a shout and let's see what we can work out.
Thanks,
Gary

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 20090 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a really nice looking rifle in an excellent caliber.

Although it might not be quite legal, .338-06 with a tough 250gr bullet at .313 SD would kill the heck out of buffalo...

GLWYS!

Posts: 436 | Location: CA.  | Registered: 26 October 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't doubt that at all with a good placement, but bigger is absolutely a better idea

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 338-06 is only 100 yds less than the 338WM.

WDM "Karamoja" Bell used a 3l8 WR, and the
338-06 is equal to that one, identical to the
333 OKH, and will give the 333 Jefferey a close run
also the 350 Rigby.

I have one on a pre-64 Model 70 with the original barrel and iron sights. I would be interested in this one-had I not another and a 35 Whelen!

Posts: 363 | Location: Between Alaska and Gulf of Mexico | Registered: 22 December 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pretty handy caliber that will never suffer from a brass shortage with all the 30/06 brass covering the landscape!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Reduced to $2550