THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified - FIREARMS ONLY    Pre-64 Model 70 Featherweight .243 (Reduced)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pre-64 Model 70 Featherweight .243 (Reduced)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This was my Dads rifle. I put it in my safe after he passed, Never been out. It has a Leupold 4X on it. It is clear and bright but its really old, offers no value. I'll ship it in a hard case for 1450.00

I'll let the pictures tell the story about condition. I believe its a 1956 serial number.

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3375 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is there no one in your family worthy of it?

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:
Is there no one in your family worthy of it?

Unfortunately, No. My only child is disabled. I will have no heirs to hand stuff down to.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3375 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a lovely rifle. I have the same 1960s era Leupold fixed 4x scope that still gives me great service on a fully rifled slug shotgun. Those scopes are tanks - and if it ever fails, Leupold will replace it with a modern version. Last year, I had an adjustment problem with an early 1970s Leupold 3x9. A week after sending it to Leupold, I received an email asking permission to replace it with a new Leupold Freedom model 3x9. The new scope arrived two weeks later and it got plenty of use this past season on a .308 Win. What I'm saying is that, due to the lifetime warranty and the fact that Leupold honors it 100%, your Leupold scope does add value. Good luck selling that lovely rifle and scope combo.

Posts: 129 | Location: Delaware | Registered: 15 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Friday:
That's a lovely rifle. I have the same 1960s era Leupold fixed 4x scope that still gives me great service on a fully rifled slug shotgun. Those scopes are tanks - and if it ever fails, Leupold will replace it with a modern version. Last year, I had an adjustment problem with an early 1970s Leupold 3x9. A week after sending it to Leupold, I received an email asking permission to replace it with a new Leupold Freedom model 3x9. The new scope arrived two weeks later and it got plenty of use this past season on a .308 Win. What I'm saying is that, due to the lifetime warranty and the fact that Leupold honors it 100%, your Leupold scope does add value. Good luck selling that lovely rifle and scope combo.

My Dad did send the scope back, probably 15 years ago. It had gotten foggy inside and wasn't clear. They rebuilt it and sent it back with a thank you.

So the scope is as useful as any modern, fixed 4 power.

It is a really good example of what a well kept, legacy rifle should be. Its a shame it isn't out being used.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks just like my half-crazy but always funny uncle Howard's east Texas deer rifle.

Mid-60s to early '70s.

He knocked down a lot of whitetails with that rifle.

Always swore by that .243.

Best of luck on the sale.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13384 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Price reduced.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Question for the guys in the know. I have an AR member asking me about shipping this rifle from Phoenix, to California.

I have asked my normal FFL shipping guy, he doesn't know. I asked Cabela's here about a store to store and he didn't know.

Anyone??

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Still available

Formerly "Nganga"

one of us
posted Hide Post
You can ship to Calif no problem other than the ffl dealer in calif holds the gun for 10 days, and that's the buyers problem to deal with. Th seller should stipulate no returns under those circumstances so as not to tie his money or his gun up

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sold.

Formerly "Nganga"