THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SOLD-Springfield 30-40 Krag Sporter
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've had this rifle since I was about 16, and I'm now 70. I used it on several early (and probably illegal) hunts as a youth, and did pretty well with the ghost ring-type rear peep. It could use a good cleaning, but functions well. Based on the date of manufacture, this one can ship direct to you; no FFL needed. I see there's quite a bit of interest in these old guns, so I thought I'd pass it on to someone who want to play or hunt with it.

$550 + $50 shipping

Posts: 20085 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll take it.

Posts: 64 | Location: Lowcountry, SC | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just like that ... and there she went ..
Good buy ...

DRSS Chapuis 9.3 x 74 R
RSM. 416 Rigby
RSM 375 H&H

Posts: 1293 | Location: Catskill Mountains N.Y. | Registered: 13 September 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jon, wait. You're 70? And you have given me how much grief over being old for how long? I'll be 69 for three more days.

hilbily

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, but I'm a young and virile 70 :-)

Posts: 20085 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice snag, those actions are smooth as glass.

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Randy, kind of like the US version of a Mannlicher Shoenauer.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, sir, I own both!

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Biebster sells three in a row for the hat trick! beer

– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, I think I hit the back of the safe. I used to have 125 rifles, plus handguns and shotguns. No more...I'm cured!!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs, my good man, you may be on the wagon but you will never be cured!

Once a gunaholic, always a gunaholic...

Posts: 119 | Registered: 04 January 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For sure...I'm alread looking again :-(

one of us
posted Hide Post
If the deal fails, put me on the list of I'll take it. Dont know how I missed this one caught me off guard

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill/Oregon: Happy Birthday!
The rifle is currently in transit to me and I'm happier than a hog in sh*t since I've wanted one since I was a kid.

Posts: 64 | Location: Lowcountry, SC | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bongo, thanks -- and we'll need proof that you have put that Krag to excellent use. Enjoy it!

– John Green, author