THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified - FIREARMS ONLY    Prewar FN M98 Commercial Mausers in 9.3X57
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prewar FN M98 Commercial Mausers in 9.3X57
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Ray has first choice on these 5, but I have about 60 more. They are all Husqvarna Model 146s in 9.3X57. A useful cartridge in its own right, but because the action is a large ring, large thread M98 FN Mauser, it can be punched out to 9.3x62. The actions were built by FN before 1941 as Germany invaded Belgium and converted the FN plant to war production in that year. Husqvarna built the rest of the gun on the FN action as a model 146. They are commercial FN actions , not military actions. All of these rifles except the bottom one have low scope safeties and bent or replaced bolt handles. The bottom gun has a side scope mount All have bright bores. There is no corrosion. $600 delivered to your dealer.

https://imgur.com/gallery/Fj2VUZa

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2141 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The third one down is a beauty.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1053 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will ship to a C&R?

Posts: 762 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: 11 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
C&R is Fine.

Posts: 2141 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Top gun and second from bottom spoken for. I just added 8 Model 146s with low s ope bolt handles and safeties to my gunbroker listings. One is auction number 996512225. I can't post a link but if you go to gunbroker .com and type in that number the auction will emerge. Click on "see seller's other items" to see the other Husqvarna rifles. Trades always considered, especially double shotguns and left hand rifles.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How the heck does a guy end up with 60 of those in 9.3x57?

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good question. I'm taking the top one, but I admit that I would prefer it in 7X57. Still, pre-war commercial Mauser's?!

Posts: 4230 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All the ones I have seen before came from Sweden where they were used for Moose. They are limited to the number of guns they c an own there. Something like that.
And since Husqvarna did not make a 98 action, they used FNs. This same rifle was built by the ton on the 96 action too, with complete success. Husqvarna did make those actions.

Posts: 17122 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
With boatloads of these coming in I have punched several out to 9.3x62 and 9.3x64. Great actions irregardless.

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1479 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
What would the going price be to tap it out to 9.3x62 and drill/tap it for a scope?

FourTails

Posts: 914 | Location: USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FourTails:
What would the going price be to tap it out to 9.3x62 and drill/tap it for a scope?

A simple rechamber isn't that expensive and it looks like these all have scope mounts already on them.

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have taken several of these with low scope safeties and lowered bolt handles to a local Smith to rechamber to 9.3X62. I got the last finishing reamer that Manson had in inventory. I'll start advertising them as soon as they are finished. Several more will have new bolt handles added and also rechambered to X 62. They will also get new safeties and new triggers at the same time. I have 6-8 left with modification already made that will be sold as is. I'll put them on gunbroker. Some are already posted. Then I have a few with no alterations at all. Those will be offered to collectors.