THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WANTED PRE64 ACTION
 Login/Join

posted
WTB a pre 64 action or rifle .308 win would be perfect but any caliber is fine. What do you have?

meade

Posts: 7 | Location: everett | Registered: 26 August 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
First post I see. Welcome to the forum.
You do realize that all pre 64 Model 70s use the same length action. They just blocked off the mag box for the 308. And lengthened it for the 375.

Posts: 17129 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you are interested in an action made for .308 length cartridges look into a currently made classic compact model 70 action. Great little controlled feed action.

KJK

Posts: 681 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 December 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you wanted a good little action in a .308 that was affordable, I would probably look at getting a Howa 1500, IMO....

Posts: 609 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 10 March 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GASP; you can't possibly be recommending a push feed action! Everyone knows those don't work.
(I've been reading the thread on the Rem 721, and all the experts say all non CRF feeds are crap.)

Posts: 17129 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He knows what he wants, let him have it. we all have likes and dislikes.

Posts: 426 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’m not a fan of the push feed actions (other than a Sako action. yes I know I own one) I don’t know of any affordable short actions that would not break the bank other than a Sako or Howa. Sako actions are good but they have a goofy looking dovetail scope mount on them. You could say I’m the pot calling the kettle black but that was really the only short action I could find at the time when I started doing a custom build.

Posts: 609 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 10 March 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Although I have no personal experience with this outfit, I've heard only good things.

https://pre64win.com/collectio...ivers-receiver-parts

Posts: 83 | Location: Stephenville, TX & Hamilton, MT | Registered: 15 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He is reputable and is the biggest source for Model 70 stuff.
$1500 for an action.
As for push (smooth) feeds, vs CRF, come one over and I'll show you how they work. Rounds are still controlled in the former. But yes, I assume the OP knows what he wants. And he should have it.
I just solve the problem and have them all.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have bought parts from pre64win and received quickly and as represented.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a pre64 fwt 30-06 barreled action I will sell. PM me if you’re interested.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Currently have two Pre-64 Model 70 Winchester, one is a featherweight, wood stock with correct aluminum floor-plate..rifle is in good shape..$1500..The other is a featherweight bbl/action in a green McMillan high-comb stock,The metal coating is Robar NP3 all internals and Roguard black for bbl and action..Shoots well..been to Africa and was redone on it's return..$2100..JM

Posts: 463 | Location: Northern Az | Registered: 11 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry forgot to add I have a few M-70 actions (pre-64) in 243/308, 270/3006, Short mag 264, 338, & 300 win, and a few in H&H..You will need to call me..I will send phone # via your mail...JM

Posts: 463 | Location: Northern Az | Registered: 11 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Meade give me a call I may have what you want. Will send phone number personal message.
Bill Apple Kitsap

Posts: 29 | Location: westside wa state | Registered: 23 November 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
GASP; you can't possibly be recommending a push feed action! Everyone knows those don't work.
(I've been reading the thread on the Rem 721, and all the experts say all non CRF feeds are crap.)

Dpcd - you are poking the bear on this!
Everyone knows that CRF actions are the best inspite of evidence from target shooters, US snipers, most long range custom gun makers, and 50 years of proof that push feed actions won't get you killed by touching them...

Posts: 10194 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post