THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM EUROPEAN HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  European Big Game Hunting    URGENT (ish) Question on Taking Guns to Serbia...

Moderators: Pete E
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

URGENT (ish) Question on Taking Guns to Serbia...
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted
Hi guys,

I have been given a last minute invite to a Mouflon/Boar hunt in Serbia this weekend through some friends. How difficult is it if I want to take my own rifle out there?

I'll be leaving in two days (Friday the 29th), so unless it is very simple I'll have to leave them behind.

Rgds,
K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have been given a last minute invite to a Mouflon/Boar hunt in Serbia this weekend through some friends. How difficult is it if I want to take my own rifle out there?

You must be a very passionate hunter to go to Serbia in this political unrest time...

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of Jon2
posted Hide Post
That sounds great FB. More exciting as it is a spontaneous arrangement.

Don't forget to take your camera for some good pics to show us all.

Posts: 596 | Location: Cheshire, England | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
Good on ya FB - I am sorry and can't give you any latest info (many changes in late years), but mainly it shouldn't be complicated - at entry you should get an firearm permit it would cost you couple of tens of €, back some there was an ammo restriction (20 pcs/hunter) that nobody actually took seriously - my advice, to be sure - let your friends give you a full update on the matter. Where exactly will you hunt?

P.S. Don't wory about political mumbo jumbo (just don't mention Kosovo while there - it is rather itchy subject for Serbs) - othervise they are one of the most hospitable people I have ever met - you will see Smiler.

Posts: 2027 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Mbogo,

Yes it was a concern, but I have friends on location who have said it is fine so I trust them. I have some business obligations there anyway so I need to go over, and the hunting is kind of incidental, (although it was organised before the meetings Wink )

Jon, I'll be taking some photo's of course and posting for you. I just hope to see something worth phototographing!!

Mouse, I missed you post

Thanks for the colour. They have just told me not to bring a gun. BA can't take a 308 as it is an "Engine of War" apparently, and I think a 243 while OK for the Mouflon will be too small for any Boar. I also only have 90grain Ammo for it at present. So I'll be borrowing a rifle this time round.

Yes the people are fabulous there. I was over on business a few months ago and the hospitality really astounded me. I just can't face any more Raki!!

We''l be staying in Krajovach (wrong spelling I'm sure) and hunting up towards Nis in the mountains up there.

I'll need to go to the gunshop pn Friday mng and find something to take the guy as a present.

Rgds,
FB.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well!?

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well yes, well!?

/C

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've heard that a spotting scope or camera is the preferred tool at this time of year.......... Wink

Rgds Ian :P

Just taking my rifle for a walk!........

Posts: 1306 | Location: Devon, UK | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Ian,

Do you know when FB's birthday is?? I thought I might buy him a calendar Big Grin Big Grin

Regards,

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pete E:
Ian,

Do you know when FB's birthday is?? I thought I might buy him a calendar Big Grin Big Grin

Regards,

Pete

Coming from a guy who's first purchase when going on a sheep hunt is a pair of running shoes I'm not even gonna rise to that one....

Unfortunately thee was what is commonly referred to in the trade as a "Fuster Cluck"... The hunt was offered as a favouyr on the back of some business I'm doing with a non hunting friend. This mate didn't know the seasons and basically from what I understood I got there on the last day of the season. It opens again in May, but I will be otherwise engaged.

However the contact has been made for some driven boar shooting in the winter months next year and of course the Moufflon. I was thinking of taking Pete with me but I think his motives are not aligned with my own where sheep are concerned...

We live and learn, but luckily I didn't take a gun with me this time.

Rgds,
FB

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry FB, that must be gutting. I always feel like Christmas has been cancelled when I miss a hunt or have to cancel...

I'm expecting a sterling report next winter!

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Hey Bog,

It really wasn't a problem. Elaine had been ill all week and so it was an opportunity to get home early. I'm fairly lucky on the ammount of shooting I have acess to so missing a day here or there is almost bearable!!Wink

We are expanding the pheasant shoot this year so I'm living and bbreathing it!!

We should sort out that coffee soon when things settle. We said somethign about Thursday with Amir, whichI can probably do later in the afternoon if you are about?

Rgds,
FB

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
Thursday has turned into adventure day! I'm in the court of appeal in the morning, coffee with FB in the afternoon, a visit to the stockmarket rifle club in the evening and helping boggy fix his cabinet to the wall in the night!

Sorry to hear there was no hunting Kiri, call it a recce and plot your return Big Grin

Regards,

Amir

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote