Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

European Hunting Catalogues
 Login/Join

posted
In the past I have had paper copies of both Franconia (sp?) and Kettners catalogues which look absolutely mouth watering to a British stalker but which were not available in English.

Can anybody advise of any good European hunting web sites or mail order catalogues which are available in English?

regards,

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 147 | Location: Germany | Registered: 16 June 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Sauenj�ger1,

Thank you!
I just wish Kettners would produce a catalogue in English!

Regards,

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pete,

Do you know Franconia? It is the direct competitor to Kettner here in Germany.(http://www.frankonia.de/scripts/home/home.php) But also everything in German. Even they have some stores in Hungary, French..., but not in UK. Try to get the catalogue. If they don't want to sent, then mail me your adress, I can send you the catalogue 2002.
There are a few more, but all in German language.

Best regards

Posts: 147 | Location: Germany | Registered: 16 June 2002Reply With Quote
<zasgar>
posted
Isnt it funny how everybody has a copy of the Frankonia and Kettner catalogues, but nobody buys there.
I just read a comment on Kettner that went more or less like this : In the Kettner Shops you will only find a selection of firewood with high metal contents.
I am really not looking forward to returning to Germany, where I will have to put up with gunshops like that. I will miss the quality shops here in London and in Bisley.

MK

one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
That's the way it is. Them catalogues make fine reference books but prices are higher than elsewhere and local stores keep a near-zero inventory (if you order 3 items, you're lucky if no more than 2 go on back order...). So, one soon learns to look up the books, before going shopping around [Cool]

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good Morning;
I just returned from Germany, where I made a point of picking up both the Kettner and Frankonia catalogues. As pointed out, they do make good reference books, which is what I got them for. However, a lot of the merchandise is not really conducive to our way of hunting and the comparison of prices for some of the stuff you can buy here is really obscene. But then, you gotta love some of those high priced firearms they sell. I was in the Frankonia store in Duesseldoerf and was really impressed, but I don't think too many middle income earners shop there.
Griz

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pete,
Do a search through "copernic" for "Edward Kettner" once found ask copernic to translate into English.

Griff

Posts: 1179 | Location: scotland | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote