THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM EUROPEAN HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  European Big Game Hunting    Help!!!!!!! Hunting German translation?

Moderators: Pete E
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help!!!!!!! Hunting German translation?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted
Lauf: Kurzlauf
f. R93 Basiswaffe/Wechsellauf

Does this mean a new barrel or the shortening of a barrel.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
The translation website say it means change run?

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MarkH
posted Hide Post
Dear D99

Kurzlauf means short barrel

Basiswaffe = basicweapon
wechsellauf = switchbarrel

R93 = complicated German rifle

Regards

Mark

Hope that help

Hunting is getting as close as you can, shooting is getting as far away as possible.

Posts: 537 | Location: Worcestershire, England | Registered: 22 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
D99,

It translates as:

Lauf: (barrel) Kurzlauf (short barrel)
f. (for) Basiswaffe (Basic rifle)/Wechsellauf (Switch barrel)

I would interprete it as meaning a short barrel for an R93.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I was going to attempt a order from Tribel, couldn't get that figured out.

one of us
Picture of Heritage Arms
posted Hide Post
Is this the 52 cm barrel ?

Aleko

Hits count, misses don't

Posts: 1573 | Location: USA, most of the time  | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Stutzen (full stock) version uses a 52 cm barrel. The Tracker model uses a 50 cm barrel - with the sling swivel at the muzzle. Quite apart from the short barrels delivered as standard on these models, one can order a barrel at a shorter length - at a price naturally...

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Heritage Arms
posted Hide Post
I keep going back and forth on the Stutzen Blaser R93, I think it is so stunning, but I have a Tracker that I use already that does about the same job

Aleko

Hits count, misses don't

Posts: 1573 | Location: USA, most of the time  | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that would seem more a question of style as opposed to function. The full stock models are very attractive, but they probably offer little practical advantage over a half-stock version with a short barrel. Still, when were we last totally rational in our choice of guns?? Big Grin
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Mike glad to see you and Gerry over at Blaser Pro (or is it Boring Pro).

Anyway, I agree. While I love the idea of the stutzen R93, it is counter productive to this whole system. All your old barrels wont' work with it.

I think I am going to keep on trucking on regular 93s.

I bought a custom stock from a guy on http://www.egun.de last night. I am interested to see how it looks on my R93.

Seth

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post

Not bad for 600 Euro huh?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice, definitely nice. In particular when one considers how expensive good stock wood is in Europe.
- mike

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Mike it is everything I ever dreamed of. He had a really good sales record, so I am really looking forward to getting it.

I am going to wire him the money tommorow or Wednesday. I also bought a Luxus grade bolt knob for E30.

It's amazing that it was only E600. I would think that is about a $1200 piece of walnut.

You should have seen the one he wanted E2000 for. It wanted to cry it was so beautiful.

Hopefully it fits my R93.

With this and a set of sideplates from Alexandra I will have a rifle comparible to Aleko's new Exclusive for 1/10th the money.

Seth

PS I am thinking about having my R93 standard coated in some kind of Black teflon. Has anyone done anything like this?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dude, nice wood.... cheers

one of us
Picture of Heritage Arms
posted Hide Post
D99, In some ways it is nicer than my exclusiv. I can't wait to see it in person. I have some 3mm collars to make the wood fit to your reciever

Aleko

Hits count, misses don't

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
I think I need to stop in Kettner on my way home and pick up some moose/bear sideplates and some wildboar side plates for it.

I am thinking since I couldn't have the rest of the action engraved by Alexandra due to shipping a gun to Germany and then back this would be easier.