New
Find
Notify
Tools

DAG 7x57 ammo
 Login/Join

<RAO>
posted
I have recently aquired a box of rifle cartridges in caliber 7x57 Mauser.The cartridges were made in germany by DAG,but I was unable to find any information about the quality and their bullet weight.
The cartridges are loded with two type of bullets;i.e one is nickel jacketed,pointed soft point which seems lighter in weight and the other one is alloy tipped,nickel jacketed,semi pointed which seems heavier in weight.
Any information regarding quality,bullet weight or velocity e.t.c is greatly appriciated. [Confused]

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAO:
I have recently aquired a box of rifle cartridges in caliber 7x57 Mauser.The cartridges were made in germany by DAG,but I was unable to find any information about the quality and their bullet weight.
The cartridges are loded with two type of bullets; i.e one is nickel jacketed,pointed soft point which seems lighter in weight and the other one is alloy tipped, nickel jacketed, semi pointed which seems heavier in weight.
Any information regarding quality,bullet weight or velocity e.t.c is greatly appriciated. [Confused]

The nominally military "DAG" headstamp was also used on civilian RWS cartridges. Exempli gratia, the recent target ammunition with the hollow point bullet (discontinued for about 5-10 years) was loaded on DAG casings.

Your description may suggest that the rounds really are privately reloaded ones. RWS do not have any decent website, but the company's No. 1 reloading wizard (Hubertus Dovidat) has private email. Do you wish to be brought into contact with him ?

Regards from Germany,
Carcano91@hotmail.com

Posts: 2452 | Location: Old Europe | Registered: 23 June 2001Reply With Quote
<RAO>
posted
Carcano91!
Reloaded cartridges is maybe not the case here,since the box also bears "DAG" mark along with "S" mark.The box is sky blue and white in color and along with "7x57", "7mm english" and "Made in Germany" is also written.
I would like to contact Hubertus Dovidat;and I thank you for your inputs.....