New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone hunt Poland?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone have any experience hunting in Poland? I'm heading over in a few weeks for work. It's not hunting season, but I might inquire about a future hunting trip if I make some like-minded friends.

I'm thinking Fallow, mouflon and maybe roe.

Anyone's experiences with the good, bad and the ugly would be appreciated.

Posts: 486 | Location: Denton, Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
Sorry bud no experience hunting there but would like to.

Could you have a look at what can be done on a Wisent - European Bison, are they still open for them ?

Good luck on your trip.

Posts: 461 | Location: New Zealand - Australia - South Africa | Registered: 14 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gsganzer:
Anyone have any experience hunting in Poland? I'm heading over in a few weeks for work. It's not hunting season, but I might inquire about a future hunting trip if I make some like-minded friends.

I organize hunts in Poland every season.
Spring is good for Roe bucks and boars.
September good for red stags. October for fallow bucks. Late season (November to January) is good for mouflon, boars and can be ok for red stags too.

Overall good game populations, medium quality regarding trophies. Areas are often large and relatively unspoiled. Prices are good.

Best regards,
Dennis

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of M.Shy
posted Hide Post
Prices are not good unless someone states them on here or on website

Posts: 142 | Location: Idaho & Montana & Washington | Registered: 24 February 2024Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M.Shy:

Here's a link to one site

Poland Hunts

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Caracal:
quote:

I organize hunts in Poland every season.
Spring is good for Roe bucks and boars.
September good for red stags. October for fallow bucks. Late season (November to January) is good for mouflon, boars and can be ok for red stags too.

Overall good game populations, medium quality regarding trophies. Areas are often large and relatively unspoiled. Prices are good.

Best regards,
Dennis

Dennis, thanks for that info.

One of Us
Picture of M.Shy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Here's a link to one site

Poland Hunts

Looks like good price for daily fees but I don’t see any trophy fee prices and that makes me wonder
Fairly vague website
I have seen the mm measuring stick for prices
Transparency goes a long way

Posts: 142 | Location: Idaho & Montana & Washington | Registered: 24 February 2024Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted in Poland a number of times - mostly driven boar but also high seat.

As said game populations are mostly good - going to depend on where you are going as to what you may expect but boar, roe and red deer are common pretty much everywhere. Most state forests are leased to local hunting clubs who may then organise hunts for sale to help pay their lease. Be aware that as a "foreigner" you can only buy such a hunt through a Polish agent. Those other European or US agents offering hunts must also but their hunts through such a Polish agent. You can easily go to them direct - and I have done this several times.

See - http://en.foretpol.pl/kontakt.html

There are many others but generally they are dealing with German clients so may not speak English.

Posts: 196 | Location: The frozen north of Scotland | Registered: 01 July 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
I hunted Poland with Piotr Potaczala with Ultimate hunting booked through Tim Herald of WTA and had a great hunt and wonderful experience. Shot two red stag and a huge fallow. Highly recommend. I have also booked through Dennis (Caracal) and can give him high marks as well. Europe has some great hunting opportunities!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7530 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kuwinda:
I have hunted in Poland a number of times - mostly driven boar but also high seat.

As said game populations are mostly good - going to depend on where you are going as to what you may expect but boar, roe and red deer are common pretty much everywhere. Most state forests are leased to local hunting clubs who may then organise hunts for sale to help pay their lease. Be aware that as a "foreigner" you can only buy such a hunt through a Polish agent. Those other European or US agents offering hunts must also but their hunts through such a Polish agent. You can easily go to them direct - and I have done this several times.

See - http://en.foretpol.pl/kontakt.html

There are many others but generally they are dealing with German clients so may not speak English.

Your link is the guys we hunted with, isn’t it, Ian. Good outfit and a great hunt. Lots of stags and roebucks.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13159 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just arrived in Poland yesterday. I'm starting up a new power plant near Szczecin and it's a pretty rural area once you get out of the small city. Lots of rolling fields planted and I see a lot of high seats in all the cultivated fields and at the edge of the woods.

It looks like the most prominent crop in this area is Rapeseed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just arrived in Poland yesterday. I'm starting up a new power plant near Szczecin and it's a pretty rural area once you get out of the small city. Lots of rolling fields planted and I see a lot of high seats in all the cultivated fields and at the edge of the woods.

It looks like the most prominent crop in this area is Rapeseed.

I hunted just south of there a few years ago for boar (driven) - two good days and one not so good. There are (were) plenty of boar and roe - not sure about red deer, never saw any. You might want to make enquiries about the prevalence of African Swine Fever here - I know it was rife and wiped out boar populations further east in Europe - I'm out of touch with the situation.

Ironically we were at one point near the power plant along the river (the Oder) - a big river with huge reedbeds either side. We were based in Chonja - a small town near the German border.

I'd suggest you get in touch with the local hunting club - they will at least be able to tell you which local agent they deal with - if you have a residency then my guess is that that could actually make it more complex - you would need a local hunting license (think about a test in Polish....). As a "foreigner" they are in my experience a lot less picky. I feel there is a deal to be done there somewhere....

Posts: 196 | Location: The frozen north of Scotland | Registered: 01 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I hunted in Poland in October 2023 on a hunt booked through Tim Herald with the local outfitter, Piotr Potaczala with Ultimate Hunting Poland. The hunt was in the Rydzyna-Kloda area. Guide was a gamekeeper responsible for managing the local forest for the government. I had a wonderful time. You hunt very close the local towns and villages. The infrastructure in Poland was excellent. No one spoke English but with Google Translator and sign language it was no problem being understood. I loved it. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Shot two nice stags right in the middle of the roar, one a bronze medal stag. A nice thing about this hunt is that there is no sliding trophy scale. Your trophy fee entitles you to shoot the best stag you see. One of my favorite trips.

Mike

Posts: 21221 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of M.Shy
posted Hide Post
Fairly rare having no sliding scale trophy fee
Those mm’s and g’s drive me absolutely nuts in Europe
But persistence works and there always seems to be diamond in the rough somewhere

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fairly rare having no sliding scale trophy fee
Those mm’s and g’s drive me absolutely nuts in Europe
But persistence works and there always seems to be diamond in the rough somewhere

I agree on the dislike of the sliding scale on wild game in Europe and elsewhere. I can understand if it's farm raised game, but not when you're hunting native game. The guy that's willing to hunt, hike and climb the most, or just gets plain lucky, should have the same chance for a trophy as the guy with the bigger wallet.

I actually see it as a disservice to the hunting community and sends the wrong message to the non-hunting crowd.