New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swedish Hunting Phrases
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hej, jag heter 1894 och det har ar andra gangen i Sverige alg jakt.

I know most speak English but I really do want to talar Sverige lite grann.

As well as labouring through all the standard stuff it would be a great help to get some useful hunting translations which I suspect will not appear in the dictionaries. Things like bull, cow, calf, spike, place where the bullet struck, place where the blood is found, peg or stand, the drive, phrases such as heart shot etc etc.

My goal is to be able to introduce myself, understand a safety briefing and explain how the mother of all bulls came through there and that I shot him in the shoulder there when he was broadside to me at this point, the blood trail starts here and I think I heard him fall over there. [Big Grin]

Also how does one say the x bit of 9.3x62.

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
<Made in Sweden>
posted
You just leave the x out.... say it like
niotre sextitv�, or in english ninethree sixtytwo..

Bull=Tjur ("Oxe" in northern Sweden )
calf=kalv
spike=pinntjur or fjoling (when it comes to moose)

As for the conversation...
...Jag heter "name", och jag s�g v�rldens j�vla oxe d�r borta vid skogskanten och jag sk�t han med nietren rakt i bogen s� att blodet spruta...
...du ser ju sj�lv hur granarna e alldeles knallr�d..jag tror han stupa d�rborta!

Freely translated:
My name is "" and I saw this huge bull moose over there by the forestline, I shot him in the shoulder with my 9,3 caliber rifle. Blood sprayed everywhere and the pines are covered in it. I think he fell over there!

With that phrase you should cover most situations in the Swedish wilderness. [Wink]

Take care!

<OlafD>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Made in Sweden:
You just leave the x out.... say it like
niotre sextitv�, or in english ninethree sixtytwo..

Bull=Tjur ("Oxe" in northern Sweden )
calf=kalv
spike=pinntjur or fjoling (when it comes to moose)

As for the conversation...
...Jag heter "name", och jag s�g v�rldens j�vla oxe d�r borta vid skogskanten och jag sk�t han med nietren rakt i bogen s� att blodet spruta...
...du ser ju sj�lv hur granarna e alldeles knallr�d..jag tror han stupa d�rborta!

Freely translated:
My name is "" and I saw this huge bull moose over there by the forestline, I shot him in the shoulder with my 9,3 caliber rifle. Blood sprayed everywhere and the pines are covered in it. I think he fell over there!

With that phrase you should cover most situations in the Swedish wilderness. [Wink]

Take care!

I'm more interested to learn:
are you married?
Is you husbund on hunt over night?
how long will your husbund be on hunt?
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Olaf

<Made in Sweden>
posted
Are you married?=�r du gift eller m�ste vi smyga med det?? (actually..Are you married or do we have to do it in a place where we are not seen)

Is you husbund on hunt over night?=�r gubben ute s� att vi kan ha lite kul?? (is the old geezer out so we can have some fun?)

how long will your husbund be on hunt?=hur tror du han sitter och fryser p� pass l�nge nog f�r oss att g�ra det igen?? (do you think he will be freezing his ass off in the forest long enough for us to do it again??)

Good luck!!

<OlafD>
posted
thank you..
i can't stop laughing.. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Olaf

<JOHAN>
posted
Herr OlavD

Since the Swedes have been most kind translating theese essential phrases you have to give back something [Big Grin]

Translate them to German so we can laugh even more [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Cheers
/ JOHAN

One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post
Does your husband have a large gun? - Hat Ihr Ehemann ein gro�es Gewehr?

Can your husband shoot straight when drunk? - Kann Ihr Ehemann gerade wann betrunken schie�en?

Do you have a sister? - Haben Sie eine Schwester?

Is she busy tonight? - Ist sie besch�ftigt heute abend?

Can we all fit into this closet? - K�nnen wir alle in diesen Wandschrank passen?

You look so much smaller with your clothes on. - Sie schauen so viel kleiner mit Ihren Kleidern auf an.

Do you have a paper bag? - Haben Sie einen Papiersack?

Do you have any sedatives? - Haben Sie Beruhigungsmittel?

Maybe we should call your husband. - Vielleicht sollen wir Ihren Ehemann rufen.

Posts: 10780 | Location: Test Tube | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
<OlafD>
posted
quote:
Are you married?=�r du gift eller m�ste vi smyga med det?? (actually..Are you married or do we have to do it in a place where we are not seen)
Bist Du verheiratet oder m�ssen wir es an einem Platz machen wo wir nicht gesehen werden

Is you husbund on hunt over night?=�r gubben ute s� att vi kan ha lite kul?? (is the old geezer out so we can have some fun?)
ist der alte Sack weg, damit wir unseren Spa� haben k�nnen?

how long will your husbund be on hunt?=hur tror du han sitter och fryser p� pass l�nge nog f�r oss att g�ra det igen?? (do you think he will be freezing his ass off in the forest long enough for us to do it again??)
wie lange, glaubst du will er sich den arsch draussen im wald abfrieren? lang genung das wir es nochmal machen k�nnen?

Good luck!!

<Made in Sweden>
posted
Just to complete the phrases used in the swedish wilderness, I want to add a few more...

-Jag har f�tt kl�da p� organet sedan sist, �r du s�ker p� att du var oskuld? (-I have developed an itch on my organ lately, are you sure you were a virgin before we met?)

-Skulle du vilja byta din fru mot mitt vackra gev�r? (Would you considder trading your wife for my beautiful rifle?)

-Varf�r har du h�r p� br�stet, Helga? (Why do you have hair on your chest, Helga?)

...I guess you�ll be alright with those added to the rest [Smile]

<OlafD>
posted
quote:
Just to complete the phrases used in the swedish wilderness, I want to add a few more...

-Jag har f�tt kl�da p� organet sedan sist, �r du s�ker p� att du var oskuld? (-I have developed an itch on my organ lately, are you sure you were a virgin before we met?)

Wenn ich gewu�t h�tte das Du noch Jungfrau bist h�tte ich mir mehr zeit gelassen!
Antwort: Wenn ich gewu�t h�tte das Du mehr zeit hast, h�tte ich die Strumpfhose ausgezogen!

English translation of the german phrases:
If I had know that you are a virgin, I had take more time.
answ: If i had know that you have more time, i had pull of my pantyhose.

-Skulle du vilja byta din fru mot mitt vackra gev�r? (Would you considder trading your wife for my beautiful rifle?)

Tauscht Du Deine Frau gegen mein sch�nes Gewehr?
Antwort: Hey Ich lebe zwar im Norden, bin aber kein Eskimo, kann deine Knarre kochen, putzen und poppen?

Hey.. It's true I live in the north, but i'm not a eskimo!! Can your gun, cook, clean the house and fu...?

-Varf�r har du h�r p� br�stet, Helga? (Why do you have hair on your chest, Helga?)

Helga haben alle die am Polarkreis leben so einen sch�nen Pullover?

Helga , have all women living on the Arctic Circle this beautiful natural sweater?

...I guess you�ll be alright with those added to the rest [Smile]

Olaf [Big Grin]

<Made in Sweden>
posted
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
I can�t stop laughing!!! You crack me up!!

one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
I like this one:
but given that you are speaking of beautiful rifle, please clarify your concept of beautiful, and Must it be related to woman's beauty?

bye

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
<Made in Sweden>
posted
I�d say it has more to do with the beuty of the woman. I think the phrase is nice when you run into some of the local inhabitants and you are trying to trade your old and worn 30-30 for his 22-year old virgin wife.... [Big Grin]

one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen
We have a tradition here in the US that most young men, who make through boot camp, learn about.
While standing buck naked, on some convenient corner holding his rifle in his right hand and and his gun in his left hand. He will enlighten any who should happen by, with holding his rifle out and repeating 'This is my rifle', then he holds out his gun, how ever far that is, and repeats 'This is my gun'. Then he holds out his rifle again and repeats 'This is for shooting' then holds out his gun and repeats 'This is for fun'
You fellows in Northern Europe may need to try this and you won't get confused as to the activities you are here for.
Jim

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
<Made in Sweden>
posted
Since the mosquito are plentiful here in Sweden, most who have tried that trick ended up with a gun looking like Mrs Bobbit savaged it....

one of us
posted Hide Post
I too have laughed but in all seriousness it would be a help if some common hunting phrases that I am likely to hear but which will not likely appear in a dictionary could be translated.

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Peter,
22 years old virgin? incredible, 22 years old virgin wife? impossible, by my opinion [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
I understand it wil be impossible to make some good business trying to exchange that old M95 Austrian military rifle that I found in a woodshed after 70 years of abandonment
bye

<OlafD>
posted
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Steve Malinverni:
[QB]Peter,
22 years old virgin? incredible, 22 years old virgin wife? impossible, by my opinion [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Well steve,
I believe that..the scandinavians got icicle [Big Grin] and which girl want to have a orgasm on the rocks? [Big Grin]
And look at your beautiful country... fathers and brothers circle around like a sheepdog his flock with the lupara keep the guys away [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Olaf

one of us
posted Hide Post
They use lupara (shotgun for wolf litteral translation) only for wolfs and snake nothing else.....now. Maybe some old thinking people.
That is the past. Sometime I'll tell you the present and future....
maybe
bye

<OlafD>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Malinverni:
They use lupara (shotgun for wolf litteral translation) only for wolfs and snake nothing else.....now. Maybe some old thinking people.
That is the past. Sometime I'll tell you the present and future....
maybe
bye

Hi steve,
not tell [Big Grin] show [Big Grin]

Olaf

<Made in Sweden>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by 1894:
I too have laughed but in all seriousness it would be a help if some common hunting phrases that I am likely to hear but which will not likely appear in a dictionary could be translated.

I�ll see what I can come up with... I�ll be back with some more.

<Made in Sweden>
posted
Here are some useful words and phrases...

-"Jag sk�t mot honom, sedan v�nde han och f�rsvann in i skogen."
-"I shot at him, then he turned and disapperared in the woods."

-"Skottet tr�ffade i bogen/buken/benet"
-"The bullet struck him in the shoulder/stomach/leg."

-"Vilket pass ska jag sitta p�?"
-"Wich place is mine to hunt?"

-"Hunden har st�ndskall p� en tjur."
-"The dog has a bull moose bayed."

-"b�ssan klickade."
-"The gun misfired."

-"Hunden har g�ngst�nd."
-"The dog and moose are on the move."

take care!

<OlafD>
posted
quote:
Here are some useful words and phrases...

-"Jag sk�t mot honom, sedan v�nde han och f�rsvann in i skogen."
-"I shot at him, then he turned and disapperared in the woods."

Ich habe auf das St�ck geschossen, es hat sich umgedreht und ist im Wald verschwunden

-"Skottet tr�ffade i bogen/buken/benet"
-"The bullet struck him in the shoulder/stomach/leg."

es war ein Blattschu�/Waidwundschu�/Laufschu�

-"Vilket pass ska jag sitta p�?"
-"Wich place is mine to hunt?"

Wo ist mein Stand/Sitz?

-"Hunden har st�ndskall p� en tjur."
-"The dog has a bull moose bayed."

Der Hund einen Elchbullen gestellt( no moose in germany) so: Hirsch/Schwein/Sau/Keiler

-"b�ssan klickade."
-"The gun misfired."

Das Gewehr hat versagt

-"Hunden har g�ngst�nd."
-"The dog and moose are on the move."

Der Hund dr�ckt/treibt/folgt (no moose in germany) einem Hirsch/ Keiler/ Sau/ Muffel/ Reh

take care!

Sei bitte vorsichtig

[ 08-23-2002, 12:40: Message edited by: OlafD ]

one of us
Picture of Deerdogs
posted Hide Post
These German phrases are excellent. I am furiously polishing my German pending for upcoming driven red/roe/mouflon hunt near Salzburg in a few weeks.

Despite have lived in Germany for two years I am ashamed to say that until recently I the only German phrases I could say with confidence were:

Five large beers please

Half a chicken with fries and mayo please

You/ your friend are/is very beautiful, do you live nearby?

Please drive me to the launderette

Yours are the biggest Jaegerschnitzels I have ever seen, my friend

Tits out for the lads

This bratwurst is like a baby’s arm!

[ 08-23-2002, 15:19: Message edited by: Deerdogs ]

Posts: 1978 | Location: UK and UAE | Registered: 19 March 2001Reply With Quote