Notify
Tools

Oslo Airport to Lilleheimer
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
How is the road?

Wife decided her last vacation in Europe was to Norway, found fairly cheap flights, and a hotel and we are leaving on Monday.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3611 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anything good to do around there?

We are staying in a hotel that has a indoor water park.

This is a weird vacation, as I didn't plan it.

It is pretty far south but we are hoping that the kids will get to see the northern lights.

We belong to a time share, and we could have got dates in northern Finland, but the flights were 3500 euros.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The chance for northern light are low what far south but the more northern parts of scandinavia looks to be cloudy anyway.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought as much, but you know how wives are.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi.
Oh, northern light is not going to be easy these far south, needs to be a lot colder, then you might be lucky.
Staying for a long time?

Have a good day.

Posts: 125 | Location: Deep woods of Norway | Registered: 24 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Torbjørn
posted Hide Post
It is a nice road from Gardermoen (Oslo Airport) to Lillehammer. Expect some roadworks between Hamar and Moelven.

Enjoy your vacation in Norway Smiler

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: 17 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nope we are already home. Had a heck of a nice 4 days.

Best European country I have ever been too. I could live there forever.

We went to Sweden shopping on day, did the Viking boat museums in Oslo, gondola at the ski resort at Lillehammer and petted a few trolls.

Great trip!

My wife was impressed with the beauty and personality of the people. Everyone spoke Norwegian or Swedish to us (we get the same in German here) I guess a family with half blonds and half red heads gets a free pass anywhere in Northen Europe with regards to language.

I honestly didn't want to come back to Germany, let a lone move back to America in a few months.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad you liked the trip.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote