Notify
Tools

Help us find a driven Boar hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MarkH
posted
Hi Guys

I have managed hopefully to get 6 of the chaps from this forum is make up a hunting syndicate . I was wondering if any of the other members know of,can recommend or run any driven hunting such as boar in November that we could book.

Regards

Mark

Hunting is getting as close as you can, shooting is getting as far away as possible.

Posts: 537 | Location: Worcestershire, England | Registered: 22 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ingvar J. Kristjansson
posted Hide Post
Check out these sites: www.chasspol.pl or www.diana.dk

Posts: 510 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 15 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark, I understand you are a bunch of guys wanting to go, and that makes planning more complicated. You should, however, be aware that November is on the early side for a driven hunt - possible but early. I say "early" because you are likely still to have to deal with a fair amount of vegetation - both on trees and bushes and on the ground. That is NOT helpful when trying to locate your game or get shots. Basically, the later you go and the more snow there is on the ground (or even has been and pressed down ground vegetation) the better. In general December is better than November, and January is often better still. If you can go to a location with guaranteed snow on the ground, you may have hit the ultimate conditions - at least as far as visibility is concerned. Rain is the pits - it not only cuts down on visibility, it is so noisy you can't hear the animals coming, and when they do your scope is usually fogged up...

In terms of where to go, it depends a lot on what you are looking for in terms of quarry. E.g. Poland offers a lot more varied bag, than, say Hungary. But Hungary can be hard to beat in terms of numbers of pigs available - some of the hunting areas are just incredible in terms of boars bagged. Naturally, there is always an element of luck involved (weather etc). Further east (Bellurus, Turkey) is probably where to go if you are looking for big boars as part of the bag.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted Hide Post
I have heard mixed reports about Chassepol.

A guy called Gerry Merry here seemed to have a great trip to Croatia last year. Might be worth looking into.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try kuk@ premiumjagd.de

You can hunt in Germany, for example in october in our area. Results in the last three years: over 60 animals/two days!

Posts: 561 | Location: northern Germany | Registered: 26 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The trip to Croatia thet Gerry went on was very good trip.
I was in on the beginning of it, but other priorities took over so couldn`t go.
I will txt him and tell him to look in here and see what he can sort out.
I think they are planning on going again this year.I know they just got back from a good,well priced rtrip to Africa (had to miss out on that one too grrrrr)

Posts: 203 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MarkH
posted Hide Post
Guys

Check these offers out.
http://www.lasarotta.co.uk/offers.html
Looks good to me and Gerry Merry's hunting report speaks well of it.

Mark

Hunting is getting as close as you can, shooting is getting as far away as possible.

Posts: 537 | Location: Worcestershire, England | Registered: 22 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
Good advice by mho regarding snow conditions, however bear in mind that late in the season (end of January on) some places may be quite shot out. Generally you will find more options to choose from (basically cheaper hunts, but with additional trophy fees for tuskers and more costly hunts (usually better areas) where you don’t pay for an trophy but the number of pigs taken, some places shots taken – money refund if less than “x†shots taken ect.). You may also combine driven hunts with evening hunts – waiting on the tree stand…

I have just spoken with a friend of mine over the phone (he runs a hunting agency here in Slovenia) that may get you an offer so you will get more options to choose from. In your case he could make you an offer for hunting in Slovenia, Croatia or Hungary. He doesn’t have an internet site (he usually works for his regular clients).

His contact:

Mr. Leo Fabiani
E-mail Address(es): hubertus.club@siol.net
phone: +386-14214191
fax: +386-14214190

I have been on 2 driven boar hunts in Croatia with him and on plains game hunt in Namibia – I can stake out.

How ever you choose have a good one – those hunts can be great fun - He he – I remember I had a stand where there were 30+ cases of .30-06 laying on the ground from the previous hunt Big Grin

Posts: 2027 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted Hide Post
Mark, I spoke / emailed the Croatian guy a few months ago, but I could not get enough guys here to committ to make it work. His looks pretty good. He seemed to say that minimum calibre for boar in Croatia is 7mm/160gr's. My "big gun" is only a 270win, so that might be a problem.

Reference hunting after Christmas, I have been to Czech Rep this past two January's. My impression is that it had been heavily shot before we got there and that game was thin on the ground.

Mouse, my hunting friend here has just bought a little place in Slovenia. He his heading out there in a couple of weeks. I hope to get an invite out there before the end of the year.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Claret_Dabbler:
He seemed to say that minimum calibre for boar in Croatia is 7mm/160gr's. My "big gun" is only a 270win, so that might be a problem.

...nobody will check you for caliber - as long as it is inside common sence - 270, 6,5 mm are not ideal/legal but they will work and nobody will pose any questions, you myght get objections if you bring .243 Win or smaller tho...

...nice with your friend - if you/he needs any help np...

P.S. You may hold him to invite you in the spring or in the summer for some fly fishing - great places here (trouts, grayling...)

Posts: 2027 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A lot of the time, a minimal caliber requirement of 7mm can be interpreted to include .277 cal rifles.

A lot of (most?) minimum caliber requirements are not specified very clearly - does the minimum caliber refer to bullet diameter, land or groove diameter or are they referring to the caliber commercially sold as "7mm" (what the Germans call "Nennkaliber" (sp?))?? This is often not specified, and the most common caliber measurement used these days is the bullet diameter.

In this case, a .277 cal rifle does qualify as a 7mm (bullet diameter 7.02 mm - or something). You might have to make up a new load, but 160 grs bullets should be readily available in .277 cal.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark,

Look's like you've got some interest in a Driven Hunt for Wild Boar.

If you'll PM me I'll give you the details for the driven Wild Boar Hunt of your dreams - and the price will not only be right but down-right decent!

I'll accompany you "as a Gun", of course, so they'll be one more of you. An American at that - Happy Fourth of July!

Gerry

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Mark,
as it happens we are still looking for 6 guns to join us in going to Croatia november december time, let me know if your syndicate would be interested in joining us.

Gerry

Posts: 113 | Location: Herefordshire, U.K. | Registered: 12 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MarkH
posted Hide Post
Hi Gerry

I am sure the guys would be interested, since this is very early days, post the info here and it can be discussed on the forum perhaps, if Pete is OK with that.

Another alternative is to look at Germany
http://www.premiumjagd.de/index.php?id=131,293,0,0,1,0

There is a good 2 day hunt for about £500-£600 north of Berlin in Early December.

Mark

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark

the trip is provisionally booked. It is to shoot wild boar only. it will be 3 days driven shooting, 1 day limited bag 20 or 30 boar per 10 guns depending on what is wanted plus 2 days unlimited bag, accomodation and transfers included. Possible dates 9-12 December cost to be confirmed but plus or minus a bit around £1000.00.

The biggest point is that there are no trophy fees.

Hope this is of interest to you.

Gerry

Posts: 113 | Location: Herefordshire, U.K. | Registered: 12 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MarkH
posted Hide Post
Hi Gerry

Is the £1000 +/- flights?

Mark

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Mark,

flight is extra but they're not too much.

Gerry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check out this www.molnarjagd.hu Hungarian Agency. Bea is Correct and can arrange any kind of hunts in Hungary.

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarkH:
Hi Gerry

I am sure the guys would be interested, since this is very early days, post the info here and it can be discussed on the forum perhaps, if Pete is OK with that.

Another alternative is to look at Germany

http://www.premiumjagd.de/index.php?id=131,293,0,0,1,0

There is a good 2 day hunt for about £500-£600 north of Berlin in Early December.

Mark

That the same adress I have given with k uk premiumjagd!

Posts: 561 | Location: northern Germany | Registered: 26 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MarkH
posted Hide Post
Hi Monastery-Forester

Many thanks for the contact. I had a long convesation with Kia-Uwe. He has quite a few driven hunts available and can also cater for individuals raher than just large groups. Prices are reasonable too if you can avoid shooting large keiler.
Thanks again

Mark

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark, Kai-Uwe and his hunters will be in our area 26th and 27th of october!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi,
Just got off the phone to some mates from the DSC course who are going to Croatia in January and have a few spaces left.

5 days driven hunting, no limits and no trophy fees came to £1,200 including flights.

This is with Artemis Hunting. Any thoughts?

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote