New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picture Gallery
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Found this gallery on the State Forestry Management website.
Pictures of mostly tourist hunts and trophies.
http://foto.rmk.ee/JAHIMAJANDUS/index.html

Makes me yearn for the season to start...

Posts: 94 | Location: North-Eastern Europe, Estonia | Registered: 29 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
Oh some fantastic pictures there.Thanks for sharing.Did I spot a Baikal O/U in action at a pheasant shoot?

Best-
Locksley,R

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 785 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thank for the link! some roe are truly impressive, one parruque head is whitout velvet, a thing I hate, but the "bald nose" buck is a dream!

D.V.M.

Posts: 179 | Location: Italy | Registered: 02 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's great, I can't imagine the UK Forestry Commission celebrating the sport hunting that occurs on its estate in anything like the same way. If they so much as whisper it out loud they get all kinds of criticism from within government as well as from external critics.

Posts: 51 | Location: Wiltshire, UK | Registered: 05 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of puntgunner
posted Hide Post
I can't view the site. Comes up as unavailable. Confused

Posts: 181 | Location: Home counties, England | Registered: 15 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cranborne Chase:
That's great, I can't imagine the UK Forestry Commission celebrating the sport hunting that occurs on its estate in anything like the same way. If they so much as whisper it out loud they get all kinds of criticism from within government as well as from external critics.

No such problem here: There are quite a few hunters in the Parliament, I think they even have their own club or something like that. A popular sport among politicians and etc. On one of the pictures (the one with a bunch of people on the stairs) you can see the (then, 2003) Chief of Staff of the Armed Forces in the middle, he is now retired and in the Parliament, I think.
So, luckily, we have many hunters on high places safeguarding our interests.

Thanks everyone for your kind replies.

Posts: 94 | Location: North-Eastern Europe, Estonia | Registered: 29 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wooly ESS
posted Hide Post
Forgive me for asking what may be an obvious question. I assume that because your location is Estonia, the photo gallery shows hunting photos from Estonia. Am I correct?

I am pleased to see the sensible use of blaze orange in many of the photos. This is not common in Europe in my experience.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's gonna piss you off!
www.ceandersonart.com

Posts: 574 | Location: The great plains of southern Alberta | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly ESS:
Forgive me for asking what may be an obvious question. I assume that because your location is Estonia, the photo gallery shows hunting photos from Estonia. Am I correct?

I am pleased to see the sensible use of blaze orange in many of the photos. This is not common in Europe in my experience.

Yes, the pictures are from Estonia, from about 2003-2004. Looking at the pictures, I have to say, they look a bit out-dated (I didn't notice it before, but today you dont see that many old (soviet) weapons and dodgy non-purposeful clothing).
The orange safety-vests are obligatory on all hunts involving more than one hunter (i.e. driven hunts, waterfowling, etc.). The forests are very dense here and visibility very limited, it's not uncommon to have only a few meter window to identify the (running) target, aim and shoot. Needless to say, in this kind of situation, if you don't want to get shot, you want to be seen by your fellow hunters.

One of Us
Picture of Wooly ESS
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the background information. I enjoyed your photo gallery very much.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's gonna piss you off!
www.ceandersonart.com

Posts: 574 | Location: The great plains of southern Alberta | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote