THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM EUROPEAN HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  European Big Game Hunting    Some trophies from Russia (attention, big photos!)
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Pete E
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some trophies from Russia (attention, big photos!)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Whitworth:
Yes, .475Guy, please do explain! dancing

Great photos and trophies, Roman! beer

Watch "Naked Gun" and all will be explained!

Posts: 98 | Location: Vale of Clwyd, North Wales - UK | Registered: 28 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kayaker:
Are Capercaille good to eat?

capercaille is very good eating.

Posts: 930 | Location: Norway | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes, they are very tasty!

quote:
Originally posted by Cazador humilde:
No, he meant just the part... you see the tail is split...well now we're all just gonna have to meet in a pub in eastern Europe somewhere and discuss the whole thing over a few pints.

I agree Wink

Posts: 637 | Location: Moscow, Russia | Registered: 13 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
Name the place and the pub, maybe we ought to plan a hunt around it also, just to make it official, not for beaver though, of either type (the wife wouldn't approve) and, if our "illustrious" leaders don't start another cold war, or maybe even if they do, I'll be there. Time? Next fall ('08)?? "The AR Beaver panel discussion / pub crawl and hunt" (Suitable and safe time between the pub crawl and hunt.)

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 404WJJeffery
posted Hide Post
Hey Roman

Tver for boar, yes. I had a project in Tver- not much to do there- did you ever stay at the Osnabruk Hotel, r were you always out in the wilds?

I was always looking for places to hunt or guides when I was in Moscow working. I still go there often (my wife is Moskvitchka)

The only gun shop I ever found was in Manezh near Okthotny Rad but they moved!

I have many fond memories of Russia and Moscow. My flat was near Puskinskaya on a little street near McDonalds (Trok Prudny Perulok). What a great city, I had everything I needed within 5-6 blocks- great theaters (Bolshoi, Tschovsky, Stanislavsky- great restaurants, clubs, ....churches for repentance after crazy nights...

Any tips on good gun shops in Moscow? The guides, I know, are more trouble.

Any plans to hunt Africa?

"Are you gonna pull them pistols,...or whistle Dixie??"

Josie Wales 1866

Posts: 1489 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
roman that is fantastic hunting, great pictures. I think they are the right size thank you for sharing clap

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Roman,

What caliber is your BAR. I'm glad to see that Russia allows hunting with semi-autos. Did you buy it in Russia?

Posts: 1443 | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 404WJJeffery:
did you ever stay at the Osnabruk Hotel?

No.
quote:
I was always looking for places to hunt or guides when I was in Moscow working. I still go there often (my wife is Moskvitchka)

It is not a problem. Let me know when you will go to Moscow next time.
quote:
The only gun shop I ever found was in Manezh near Okthotny Rad but they moved!
Any tips on good gun shops in Moscow? The guides, I know, are more trouble.

Best Moscow gun shops:
http://www.kolchuga.ru/
http://www.ohotnick.ru/
http://www.zveroboy.ru/about/
quote:
Any plans to hunt Africa?

I hope Cameroon or Namibia next year.

Posts: 637 | Location: Moscow, Russia | Registered: 13 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CRUSHER, thanks!

GAHUNTER, .338 WinMag, I bought it in Moscow 4 years ago for 2 000 USD.

one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes, they are very tasty!

So are beavers.....well, some of them anyway!

Those are some wonderful trophies, I'm very impressed by the variety you are able to hunt in Russia. The Krieghof is gorgeous!

-+-+-

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - The Dalai Lama

Posts: 730 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Slug, thank you!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trophies of this year

Krieghoff .500 NE

Mauser M03 9.3x62

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice pictures Roman, is the other rifle a CZ 550? Where these bears hunted from their den, or are they still moving around during the winter?

Posts: 2360 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice bears! Where did you hunt?

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2094 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boghossian:
Nice pictures Roman, is the other rifle a CZ 550? Where these bears hunted from their den, or are they still moving around during the winter?

Thanks. Yes, it's CZ 550. And yes, they were taken on dens.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Caracal:
Nice bears! Where did you hunt?

Thank you. Siberia, Irkutsk region.

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
Great bears Roman, I hunted in Karelia over December and am very much looking forward to visiting Russia to hunt again.

I particularly appreciated the remoteness and wildness of Karelia; I can imagine Irkutsk is pretty remote too, do you have any photos of the landscape I might trouble you to post?

Regards,

Amir

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Amir. I hunted in Karelia many times, and I am going there this spring. It will be baited hunt for bear.

Here some more photos from Siberia

One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
Roman what kind of vehicle is that 6x6 truck?

You have some very nice hunting over there.

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The truck http://www.en.trecol.ru/pokupa...odelnij_ryad/#center

Most territory of Russia is unavailable without such trucks Smiler

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice pictures Roman, good to see the wild places. Can you tell us more about the den hunts? How do they compare in terms of difficulty or excitement with a driven or bait hunt?

Thanks

Posts: 2360 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is very complicate to explain all my feelings about den hunt. It can be very easy and it can be extremely hard and dangerous. Some of hunters hate this hunt, they think it’s just execution. Some - love it. You should try to make your own opinion.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes capercallie are good to eat but have a strong gamemeat taste.

I think most europeans understand the both meanings of beaver.

The naked gun movie "nice beaver" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T...les_of_Police_Squad!

Posts: 3611 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
Wonderful photos Roman, just the sort of terrain that has made me fall in love with Russia.

I have some pictures of the beater's UAZ I hung around in over there, I'll see if I can dig them up.

Regards,

Amir

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote