THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM EUROPEAN HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  European Big Game Hunting    American Made 9.3 x 63 Ammo for Sale in Europe?

Moderators: Pete E
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American Made 9.3 x 63 Ammo for Sale in Europe?
 Login/Join

<Doc Garnett>
posted
I read somewhere, a sort of casual comment as I recall, to the effect that Winchester or some other U.S. company, loads and markets 9.3 x 62 ammo in Europe. Is this true? If so, which company and what bullet weights? And do any of you have any experience with these loads?
Regards.
-- Doc

<Doc Garnett>
posted
Oops! Make that "62" in the subject line.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Doc,

Don't know for certain but I seem to remember reading somewhere that Norma makes Winchester's Metric line of cartridges.
Anyone able to confirm?

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Flip
posted Hide Post
Stu C

I remeber something of if, seems they looded Nosler bullets 286 partition

Posts: 931 | Location: Nambia | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
That right, Stu C, at least the (Norma loaded) Winchester metric line figures in Browning-Winchester-Miroku's catalog. Still unseen on the shelves, though.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Gentlemen

Norma loaded Winchester ammo in 9,3X62 with a 285 grain partition. The Winchester agent is Sweden sleeps like a bear all year. They are soo slow and are not interesting to help any customers. I called them about the 9,3X62 ammo. They didn' knew a jack shit. The service is like during the communist era in East Europe [Eek!]

Since I live in the backyard of Noma, Winchester ammo is not very common. One of your big importers of RWS only have airgun pellets and few calibers that Norma does not make [Mad] [Mad]

No Brass, No calibers that Norma loads. How about some competition for a change [Mad] [Mad]

/ JOHAN

one of us
Picture of Flip
posted Hide Post
John

go and give the guy a kick up his backside, it seeems it is less of a hassle to get winchester ammo over here than there

Posts: 931 | Location: Nambia | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think I made that comment, based on something I read in an article by John Barnsness on efficient cartridges in Handloader Magazine. I'll post the issue and an exact quote when I get home in a few hours. Okie John.

one of us
posted Hide Post
It was in Handloader #216, April, 2002, p. 31, in a sidebar on the 9.3x62 Mauser: "The 9.3x62 isn't exactly popular in the U.S., but with more American companies making components (Winchester even loads ammunition for the European market.), it's coming on."

About five minutes after I read that, I wrote to USRAC and Winchester Ammunition asking them to sell that ammo in the US and to make the M-70 in 9.3x62. Their reply a couple of weeks later tried to sell me a 300 WSM. But if they got several dozen letters like that, they might do what the folks at Graf's did (Graf's contracted with someone who would make 9.3x62 brass with Graf's headstamp) and start selling what we want to buy.

Hope this helps, Okie John.

<Doc Garnett>
posted
Okie John --
Bingo! It was in that Handloader article where I read it. And you are right. Winchester's making components already. Just put a little demand in the mix and we may have it on the shelves and M70's chambered for it.
Thanks for your input.
Regards --
-- Doc

<Dutchgus>
posted
For about 2 years Winchester sells this ammo loaded with a 286 grains partition. A couple of my friends shoot them and I've heard no complaints from them. If I'm correct they also sell 9,3x74R with the same bullet.

Andre,
Pay a visit to Pletsers in St. Truiden, they have them on their shelve.

one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Dutchgus, I know Victor Pletsers pretty well and he had no metric line 2-3 months ago. When Browning brought out the Winchester metric line, they asked me to test it in various calibers and I'm still on the waiting list. BTW, I don't buy factory ammo, I just have it... [Wink]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Andr�, I�ve seen such ammo personally. It was in a small gunshop in an even smaller town in Eastern Austria. Price is ridiculously high ...

I only looked for 9.3x62, there might have been other chamberings.

Waidmannsheil, Hermann

Posts: 828 | Location: Europe | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
The 2003 Winchester catalog edited by Browning in Belgium lists "Grand European Metrics" in :

7x57R (150)
7x64 (140,150,175)
7x65R (140,175)
8x57JRS (200)
9,3x62 (286)
9,3x74R (286)

NEW for 2003 : Browning even brought out an end user price list including Browning, Optalens, Winchester and Miroku products.