Find
Notify
Tools

Roe Deer
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted
Well I'm keen to take a Roe Deer on my next overseas trip. I've heard they are a bigger trophy in Eastern Russia/Mongolia. A traditional hunt in europe appeals more as trophy size doesn't have that much weight for me compared with the experience and environment.

Has anyone heard of these blokes ? Are the prices compareable with other outfitters ?

http://www.besteuropeanhunts.eu/index.php

I would use either the young blokes .243W or my 7x57.

Any help, advice or recommendations appreciated.

Posts: 1432 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The European Roe Deer is much smaller than the Sibirian Roe Deer ( lives in Russia, Mongolia,etc.)in both body and trophy weight. Trophy weight European Roe Deer 250-650g Sibirian Roe Deer 700-1300g
The prices on this Website are average IMO

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of George Dina
posted Hide Post
Sir,
Roe deer in eastern Russia / Mongolia known as siberian roe deer is a different species of european roe deer. Siberian roe deer are much bigger than the European ones. A Siberian trophy easily exceed 1 kilogram in weight when such a weight for european roedeer trophy would be like a men 3 meters tall. My prices are medium for Romania and I am one of the few guides in Romania that strives to combine hunting with tourist services. Next week a member of this forum will hunt roe deer with me. You can ask him about the references.

Posts: 60 | Location: Romania | Registered: 24 January 2011Reply With Quote
Picture of uplander
posted Hide Post
I will be hunting the roe deer with George next week. I hunted with him last fall and had an excellent time. I can highly recommend him. Anyone who wishes more information is welcome to send me a private message.

Posts: 53 | Location: New Hampshire, USA | Registered: 23 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DJM
posted Hide Post
Trophy fees seem very expensive to me

You will find much better value in the UK IMHO

Posts: 585 | Location: Lincolnshire, England | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

I have just begun my research into hunting Roe Deer and I thank you for your replys.

I will be in touch.

One of Us
Picture of George Dina
posted Hide Post
The trophy fees structure is imposed by the Romanian authorities and the money goes directly to the Romanian state, unfortunately for romanian outfitters. The good thing is that Romania is still a country where animals have remained really wild, unfenced and not artificially feded.

Posts: 60 | Location: Romania | Registered: 24 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
Does anyone else have any recommendations ?

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
I took my first with IanF of this forum, he runs a first class operation down in Devon.

This is a particularly attractive option if you take six sugars in your coffee. Big Grin

In all seriousness Ian will see you right.

On your calibre quandary, I can't help you.

Ian, a guy who's opinion I place great faith in, says that his 7x57R drilling drops them like the Hammer of Thor whereas Gerry, another guy who's opinion I place great faith in, insists that the 243 is the best roe calibre ever.

A few disreputable characters also tout the various 6.5mms as the best and I alone it seems have been able to see the light and know that the 30.06 is the finest roe calibre extant.

Ask the guy you book with by all means but I suspect you could just use whatever you fancied and it would work just fine.

Best,

Amir

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of acteon
posted Hide Post
May I recommend that before considering any plan with George in Roumania - where roe deer trophy fees are the most expensive in Europe - you ask member Uplander, who seems so familiar with Roumania - to provide you with detailed references not by private but PUBLIC messaging...

Otherwise I fully agree with Ghubert that Devon in particular and England in general is wonderful roe country as well as reasonnably priced re trophy fees. Poland also nice and best deal. Austria, France,Hungary also offer excellent options...choice is huge. Shall gladly provide you with contacts & tips according to your preferred country or language or date or trophy size or budget

Posts: 43 | Location: Sologne, France | Registered: 26 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
..... whereas Gerry, another guy who's opinion I place great faith in, insists that the .243 (Winchester) is the best Roe caliber cartridge ever.

Amir is a great fellow although sadly misguided by taking whatever sage advice provided by Yours Truly.

Daniel,

How's thing's Down Under?

Take Amir's suggestion and Book with Ian; you'll have a good time and shoot some Roe as well.

Tell him Amir & Gerry sent you along and he'll tack another 20% onto your Bill.

shocker

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gerry:

Take Amir's suggestion and Book with Ian; you'll have a good time and shoot some Roe as well.

Tell him Amir & Gerry sent you along and he'll tack another 20% onto your Bill.

shocker

And if he really doesn't like you, he will invite these two reprobates to join you for a weekend, your liver may never recover.... tu2

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of solvi
posted Hide Post
If you are goin to mistreat your liver,
I´m in

Skype username
solvijoh

Posts: 497 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 27 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
Whoa! whoa!

If Solvi's coming we'll need a doctor on standby.... Eeker

Now where did I leave my drinking hat.....

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of uplander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by acteon:
May I recommend that before considering any plan with George in Roumania - where roe deer trophy fees are the most expensive in Europe - you ask member Uplander, who seems so familiar with Roumania - to provide you with detailed references not by private but PUBLIC messaging...

No problem, Acteon.
I spent a week in Romania last fall. I hunted chamois, you can read the hunting story, you'll see it was a fine adventure.

I had a blast. It was like hunting with new best friends. George and his partners were great hosts. We had great Romanian food and drink. They were excited to share their culture and history.
After a successful hunt, we spent some time touring the country. Romania is a beautiful country with a lot of history. I don't think many other operations provide a guided tour after the hunt.
I guess to sum things up, I got very good value for my money. I got to hunt in the mountains of Europe, shot a nice trophy, filled up on great food and drink, got to tour some of Romania, and made some new friends. I am excited to be returning to hunt the roe deer.
I hope Code4 enjoys his hunt as much as I enjoyed mine, wherever he decides to go.

Posts: 53 | Location: New Hampshire, USA | Registered: 23 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
Mmmmm, liver damage. I'm doing that at home. Lol.

Thank you for your suggestions and help guys. There seems to be lots of opportunitys and options.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Plenty of good Roe Deer in Scotland as well, but if you want a big trophy go for good agricultural areas on alkali soil. Some of the bucks down in Southern England can be huge. I use a 243 and 7x65r and roe don't seem to argue with either. Shot placement is important and since they are not that big, accuracy is all important.

Posts: 981 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of silkibex
posted Hide Post
Huge like this?

Posts: 210 | Location: Central Asia/SE Asia | Registered: 02 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a freaking monster, silkibex. I guess it's siberian roe deer. Where did you take it?

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Code4:
Well I'm keen to take a Roe Deer on my next overseas trip. I've heard they are a bigger trophy in Eastern Russia/Mongolia. A traditional hunt in europe appeals more as trophy size doesn't have that much weight for me compared with the experience and environment.

Has anyone heard of these blokes ? Are the prices compareable with other outfitters ?

There are plenty of nice places to hunt roedeer. It depends what you are after. More trophies or number of animals? Landscape? Interest in other species? Cultural sightseeing or tourist stuff after the hunt? Stalking or highseat hunting?
I do enjoy hunting roebuck in the rut (august) and I would recommend it to you.

I think it would be nice for you (after travelling around globe) to hunt more than one species!?

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of silkibex
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's not from southern England, is it?

Siberian roedeer taken in Kyrgyzstan. The deer here are found almost exclusively in the lower mountains from 1000-2000m above sea level. Hunting them is a bit like hunting chamois.

Posts: 210 | Location: Central Asia/SE Asia | Registered: 02 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of profyhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Code4:

Siberian Roe Deer in Russia. Last year.
The middle trophy weight 800-900Gr.
In the price 600-900EURO.

Phon: +498419819241
Fax: +498419819245
http://www.hunt-club-taiga.de/index.php

Posts: 556 | Location: Germany Kazakstan Kyrgyzstan | Registered: 29 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of profyhunter
posted Hide Post

Posts: 556 | Location: Germany Kazakstan Kyrgyzstan | Registered: 29 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of profyhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by silkibex:

Siberian roedeer taken in Kyrgyzstan. The deer here are found almost exclusively in the lower mountains from 1000-2000m above sea level.

Nice trophy, i think more as 1000GR.
Where was teken?
Tchon Kainda?

We have this year the roedeer hunt from 1 Juli on.

Regards
Kemin?