New
Find
Notify
Tools

radio tracking collars for dogs
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Last year I saw a radio tracking system for hunting dogs, a receiver and some collars; I cannot remember the manufacturer's name, but I believe that it came from Scandinavia, may be from Finland. Any advice about the brand? Thanks - Lorenzo

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How on earth are you going to get your wife to wear that without arousing her suspicions? derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
Too much expensive, because over the price of the transmitter he should pay also the a strap nmade with precious stones and metals to make it accetable by his wife [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
search for canicom or www.primfood.com
bye

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wildboar:
Last year I saw a radio tracking system for hunting dogs, a receiver and some collars; I cannot remember the manufacturer's name, but I believe that it came from Scandinavia, may be from Finland. Any advice about the brand? Thanks - Lorenzo

There are few different radio tracker brands made in Finland, Tracker, Pointer and Ultrapoint (in Sweden and Norway Ultrapoint in known as Swepoint, but it is still made in Finland).

I hope those links bring some more information.

http://www.ultracom.fi/Products.htm

http://www.tracker.fi/Europe/tracker_39.html

http://www.pointersolutions.com/eng/

Posts: 21 | Location: Finland | Registered: 19 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Finnlight; now I remember that the brand was "Tracker". Very good quality equipment. Lorenzo

one of us
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo,
yesterday I saw in activuty the radiocollar put on a dog that loves hunt by itself, without barking too much, autonomus while searching and hunting Boars. A lot of time we get back home without news about it, yesterday, instead we know exactly where it was. Very interesting.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I always have one of these on my dog when hunting. It gives you an added security if something should happen to the dog.

Another link (the brand I use):

http://www.reperto.se/

Posts: 544 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 27 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Watchel,
it is the same that my friend use.
Interesting.
bye

one of us
posted Hide Post
I was at a hunting fair last week in J�nk�ping and saw a new system using GPS and GSM (using your mobil phone). This is next step up in tecnology for tracing the dog. Same system can be used for tracking almost everything, when it moves from a specified point it calles your mobil phone and tells you that it�s moving.

Link is www.followithunter.com

JanG

Posts: 38 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 15 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In the beagle club I belong to, the most popular brand is Wildlife Materials, followed closely by Tracker. The WM has a better range and where I live a dog can go a long way. The running grounds are 200 acres thats fenced but beagles find a way out all the time.

Posts: 199 | Location: Harnett County NC | Registered: 23 October 2002Reply With Quote