Find
Notify
Tools

Spain ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of murkan mike
posted
My job takes me all over just about everywhere, and I like to combine a little pleasure with my work. I have recently added a job that takes me often to Andalucia in the Cadiz area of spain. I do work near the US naval base there in Rota, and there are tons of what look like red legged partriges running around all over.

Does anyone know what requirements I would need in order to hunt in the area? I have a German hunting license, and all of my weapons on a European Firearms card.

Who has the hunting rights to an area in spain and how would you find out who they are?

Posts: 84 | Location: A transplanted Texan in Germany | Registered: 13 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Wow, funny you should ask.

I just moved from there 14 months ago. I worked on the base.

I hunted wild boar and perdiz around Seville. Hunting on the naval station isn't allowed for Americans anymore as some stupid anti-gun CO fucked it up.

There is some good hunting to be found but most of it is expensive.

I recommend that if you speak Spanish you go to the Ameria Lobo in Porto Real or one or both of the Cortes Ingles stores in Jerez and Seville.

The store in Jerez has a super small hunting section, but the stores in Seville are fantastic even by American standards.

You have to do some looking around in the store to find the guns. They call it an Ameria.

Both places should be able to get you into a lease.

You will need hunting insurance and a Spanish hunting liscense.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of murkan mike
posted Hide Post
D99,
Was it hard to get a spasish hunting license? Did you get it on your own or did the base help?

Are you in italy now? Do you hunt in Italy? I travel sometimes to Naples and Sigonella, but I was under the inpression that there is no hunting available for non italians, which is why I have remained in Germany for the past 29 years.

I would really like to figure out how to hunt in Spain, as I am thinking about retiring there in a few years and sure would hate to retire somewhere that you cant hunt.

Hunting insurance is just buying a policy from somewhere right?

Thanks

Mike

Posts: 84 | Location: A transplanted Texan in Germany | Registered: 13 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Ok,

So you want to retire in Spain. Great idea, but not all that glitters is gold.

You really need to talk to the local Spanish goverment in the area you want to retire.

All hunting for big game in Spain is from expensive to really freaking expensive. So think about that too.

No there is no hunting for non-Italians in Sicily, and firearm ownership isn't allowed either. Yes this sucks, and no I didn't think it would be so insermountable until I got here.

If I could leave today I would in a heart beat.

Let me know if you need more information, and send me your DSN via a PM.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dom
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately I can't help out on the question, and don't want to hi-jack the thread, but since Spain is the subject . . . saying you were in Germany, had your weapons on a Euro WBK and traveled POV to Spain to go hunting, and one of those weapons was a 30-06 just traveling thru France. You probably see where this is going = legal or a no go just to transport that 30-06 thru France? I mean, you aren't going to hunt with it in France . . . but knowing how the Europeans like all these technical laws to cover every situation . . . Waidmannsheil, Dom.

-------- There are those who only reload so they can shoot, and then there are those who only shoot so they can reload. I belong to the first group. Dom ---------

Posts: 728 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i really don't know, but i imagine it would be like you were just passing through the uk with a 9mm pb pistol....from what i understand, no way.

Posts: 60 | Location: Spain | Registered: 20 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of murkan mike
posted Hide Post
You´re right, it will be a small feat just to get a shotgun there won´t it.

Doesn´t the local Navy base sponsor some kind of rod and gun activity or maybe the outdoor recreation department?

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
The base here nor the base in Rota have rod and gun clubs. I am not sure that it was ever an option here.

In Spain some forward thinking Democrat anti-gun skipper shut it down years ago.

Gun ownership is permitted in Spain for NATO military stationed there.

And as far as guns go Spain is easier than alot of places I have been.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As some have mentioned Spain has excellent hunting for red deer, roe deer, fallow deer, ibex of three sub-species, chamois and boar - many of medal class but it is expensive to get on the better hunting grounds.

There are plenty of outfitters like Cazatur and Diana but you will have to pay. Try a Google search.

Posts: 98 | Location: Vale of Clwyd, North Wales - UK | Registered: 28 March 2007Reply With Quote