Notify
Tools

Hunt in Feb?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted
All,
My dad and I will be in London then Munich on business in February. I was curious, that time of year, would there be any opportunity to hunt within a few hours of London? We have been talking about trying to put together a side trip for a few days before we continue on to Germany. Due to logistics, we won't be traveling with guns so will need to hire them.Somewhere also enjoyable for wives would be a bonus. Any info is appreciated.

One of Us
Picture of maxart
posted Hide Post
Justin, had a great Muntjak and Chineese water deer hunt this last Feb just 40 min out of London and it can be done in 1 to 2 days ,easy. Give bme a call and I'll give you the info if your interested. I'm in Modesto.

Anthony...Wildlife Art 209-538-2713

Posts: 215 | Location: colyfornnia | Registered: 13 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
Hi Justin,

February is almost the end of the deer season but something can certainly be arranged not too far from London if you're going to be in town anyway.

You won't need to bring rifles along as the guide will lend you something suitable with no bother.

Do you have an idea as to what you would like to hunt?

Around London we mainly have Roe ( Does in season only ) and Fallow ( Bucks and Does in season ).

Muntjac, Chinese Water Deer, Red deer and Sika are within about 3 hours down towards Devon and up as far Norfolk.

Would the ladies like to shop till they drop or would they want to hike and visit picturesque little villages and take high tea in converted 16th century rectories etc?

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ghubert:

Muntjac, Chinese Water Deer, Red deer and Sika are within about 3 hours down towards Devon and up as far Norfolk.

Would the ladies like to shop till they drop or would they want to hike and visit picturesque little villages and take high tea in converted 16th century rectories etc?

May head south then as we had talked Muntjac and Chinese Water Deer. The ladies actually may enjoy a day or two away from shopping seeing some country.