New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interested in Roe Deer
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Within the last year I returned from a business trip to Germany and was fortunate enough to see some Roe bucks and now I have an itch I need to scratch.

Wondering where folks would recommend hunting Roe deer, in Europe? In Germany specifically?

Also, are there any good books one might acquire on the topic? Record book of Roe deer perhaps? Or a trophy buck photo album?

As I understand it, the CIC method of scoring also incorporates the weight of the skull [very odd] and has subjective criteria for beauty points. This leads me to believe that the SCI world record and the CIC world record are likely nowhere close to each other in measurements. Am I correct? I am having trouble finding detailed photos or numbers on the subject.

Thanks folks.

Posts: 168 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
You’re right about CIC and SCI scores
Soon some of the European operators will contact you
Some of the best trophies in consistency are are England, Sweden, Hungary and Romania
But there are good roe just about anywhere

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
Hi 257 Roberts,

I could offer you some fantastic Roe buck stalking in England if that's of interest to you? I have had a few AR members head over in the last couple of years.

The Roe rut normally starts mid July and runs through to mid August.

Have a look at the link below which shows the scoring system:
https://www.cicukteb.com/uk-species/index

Send me an email if you would like some more information.

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 686 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roe deer are widely available and can be hunted in almost every European country.
To narrow it down you would need to define what you are most interested in for hunt (type of hunt, quality, quantity) and maybe the sightseeing opportunities.

I can help you with a few destinations . Poland would be a great option for you, I think.

Best regards,
Dennis

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote